Small electronics repair/soldering

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For years now I've been doing small fixes on phones, handheld consoles, and various other small electronic devices. I like being able to fix broken devices that people believe to be junked. Lately, though, I get stopped at the point where there is the possibility I have to solder or fix circuits. Does anyone have a good online resource for learning the basics of soldering and circuit board repair? I'd prefer not to pay for a class if I don't have to, but I'm not opposed if it is a good one.

The main guy I watch on these things is TronicsFix, but I'm sure there are other good ones as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For years now I've been doing small fixes on phones, handheld consoles, and various other small electronic devices. I like being able to fix broken devices that people believe to be junked. Lately, though, I get stopped at the point where there is the possibility I have to solder or fix circuits. Does anyone have a good online resource for learning the basics of soldering and circuit board repair? I'd prefer not to pay for a class if I don't have to, but I'm not opposed if it is a good one.

The main guy I watch on these things is TronicsFix, but I'm sure there are other good ones as well.

tronicsfix has a school course

the basics is free, more advanced chip and hot air soldering costs $, for obvious reasons.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
tronicsfix has a school course

the basics is free, more advanced chip and hot air soldering costs $, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I had looked at that but wanted to know if anyone knew of other options.