Smartphones

My 2.5-year-old HTC One X finally shit the bed. I can't afford to shell out for a new release phone, so I was hoping you guys could maybe recommend a used one to buy. Also, what is the best method to get the best price? Ebay or Craig's List? AT&T is my carrier. Thanks in advance!!

Taryk

Molten Core Raider
My 2.5-year-old HTC One X finally shit the bed. I can't afford to shell out for a new release phone, so I was hoping you guys could maybe recommend a used one to buy. Also, what is the best method to get the best price? Ebay or Craig's List? AT&T is my carrier. Thanks in advance!!
How much are you looking to spend? The Moto G is a really nice phone at $180 unlocked

Motorola

Oldbased

> Than U
And if that is too much look into Blu. My Blu Neo 4.5 does everything I want and more and is latest Andriod after patch for around $90 shipped. Comes with charger, case, screen protector even.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
And if that is too much look into Blu. My Blu Neo 4.5 does everything I want and more and is latest Andriod after patch for around $90 shipped. Comes with charger, case, screen protector even.
I'd make sure Blu works with lte on att. Last time I checked, they didn't.

Oldbased

> Than U
Good point, mine is HSPA @21 mbs when I am at a good signal place which isn't much in my town.
I know the Dash 5.5 is a 4g phone, not sure on LTE however but it is $116
I assume not since mine claims 4g as well but again best I have got was 3g HSPA 21mbs

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
How much data do you need. Still loving swapping over to a Moto G for $50 after rebate from Cricket (think it's over so $100 now) which is now on AT&T network. I pay $35 month for 500mb data and I didnt even touch half of it due to being good about being on wireless. Less good if you live live on the go so to speak but im covered at work/home and many business spots.

Straighttalk was arguably marginally better, but didn't have as good of phone option w/ the moto G, or something else forget why I went w/ cricket.

Not playing any super fancy games, but the moto G has been without problems watching netflix. The swype on it is pretty smart and I actually use now vs the onscreen buttons that are somewhat finicky. (Mostly just me, since I prefer a physical keyboard.) Camera is better than I'm used to... arguably a grain of salt w/ my love on it since I upgraded from a Galaxy S (yes S as in one). I know I'd love a note 4 more, but $50 vs 800 or whatever.... yeah bang for buck.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
5.5" seems pretty big to me.. I wonder if this will be the better selling size? I'll have to see whether 5.5" is jean pocket feasible.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I may finally snag an iphone for the first time with it ditching the tiny man hands screen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The Note 3 is 5.7" diagonal and I have no issues with putting it in the pocket of any pants that I wear. Of course, i'm not a hipster wearing skinny jeans, but it will fit in any "normal" pants just fine.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The watch doesn't really do much for me :/
Excited for a bigger screen though.
The watch is customizable with different metals, and straps. I know nothing of what it can actually do, haven't read up on it yet, but I did see all the different looks you can get it in. I was impressed with that, and they weren't just throwing 1 look out there.

The 6 plus is big, but super thin. I think it'd fit in most pockets just fine. My fat old Motorola Bionic was 4.7" and was just fine, and due to bezel, the 6P isn't that much different.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The watch being ugly as fuck ruled it out before I ever saw the price. Moto 360 >>>> iWatch, battery concerns be damned.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The watch being ugly as fuck ruled it out before I ever saw the price. Moto 360 >>>> iWatch, battery concerns be damned.
Uh, the moto 360 is ugly as fuck. Sorry bro, looks like one of those $10 watches you would buy a walmart.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Idk if it's worth it to pay the apple premium anymore. I wasn't that impressed with the keynote. The 4.7 phone res is just downright dismal at this point. It should be what the 5.5 screen has for a res and the 6 plus should be higher than that. All these "innovations" happened years ago with other companies.

To apples credit, their software takes full advantage of the hardware and that is where it matters in the end. But that apple watch is ugly. The moto 360 is the best looking smart watch, IMO.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apple watch is hideous. Looks like they took unsold iphone1s cut them in half and glued a band to it. Just a terrible looking device.

The iPhone 6 is a nice refresh. And its about time they got a bigger device. But its almost identical to the galaxy alpha in all ways so why switch(alpha is even smaller) when android has so many more feautures. Plus still no wireless charging.