Smartphones

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
For what it's worth, I'm a normal size guy (5'11") and found the 6+ too big to use one handed. The normal 6 is about the upper limit of phone size, for me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm looking to upgrade my iphone5s and would really like to get the 6plus but am worried about the size. I think it'll fit just fine into all of my dress pants/jeans/shorts. I tested it with a plain 6 (I'm a dude). But I am worried about what happens when I sit down with the 6+. My work involves a lot of sitting, standing and walking and it's imperative for my phone to be able to stay in my pants. It would be far too much annoyance to have to take it out of my pants each time I sit down. The 6+ would be amazing though since I do happen to use it a lot for work as well (apps and stuff). Any thoughts?
When I went to the store I personally thought the 6+ was stupidly large. Like uncesccasily large. I thought the just normal 6 has a more reasonable form factor.

In terms of fitting in your pants. I didn't try. It probably could fit in my pants but it would be pretty tight and would probably restrict some thigh movement. My S6 is about as large a phone as I'd like in my front pocket.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
OPOs are on sale permanently without invites now. OnePlus Two will be going back to the invite system.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not much special about it, I still prefer custom ROMs. Currently using Blisspop without issue.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have a 6+, fits into the pockets of all of my pants just fine. The one thing I didn't think about when I got it was that I use my phone at the gym and it is a bit too large for that. I would say my hands are average or maybe a bit smaller than average and the screen size is great. You won't be able to do much of anything with one hand though.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
For $20 per month, you get all the basics such as talk, text, and international coverage. Then, you pay a flat rate of $10 per gigabyte of data. So 1GB of data is $10 per month, 2GB is $20 per month, and so on.[/url]
If this is how it scales, that's a very expensive plan.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I had hoped google wireless would be unlimited data. Not worth switching from my unlimited data plan with verizon.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone with a OPO switched from Cyogen to the OnePlus OS? Is it worth the change?
Yup I installed it when it came out. Definitely liking it though I do miss some of the extra options you get with CM but I am not a power user and I thought those CM skins were kinda useless. Everything seems to run a bit smoother and faster now, shit used to lag more on CM. Everything else seems the same to me. Camera and battery life remain the same, didn't noticer anything new there. Camera sound is fucking loud so i rooted it and installed a no sound app to kill that shit.

Didn't CM12 come out already? Curious if anyone upgraded OTA.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not for me but I hardly use any mobile data (less than 500mbs per month on average).
Yea same, sounds like better coverage for about the same rate as my Framily plan for the same data (that I only hit while doing the two week "vacation" planning the move) - with a refund for the data I don't use - and of course better voice coverage if it really does use both networks.

Be interesting once it expands to other phones.

Siliconemelons

Random Verizon jimmy rustle - my home ISP was down all week so we lived off hotspots and mobile data- needless to say this skytrocketed our use to nearing the 10gb a month. 1st - it seems my wife's iPhone uses TONs more data doing the same crap as my blackberry- Netflix, internet etc. plus I used my blackberry to hotspot many many times and she still used more data than me.

2nd and primary jimmy rustle - "You are approaching your data limit, press here to add 2GB a month to your plan for 30$...or pay overage fees of 15$ per GB" WTF? lol

anywho...anyone else notice iphones like dataz?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
iPhone has applications constantly running in the background. Turn the shit off.

In regards to Google Fi, at least they give you the money back (in the form of credit) for data you don't use. I have 4GB on my phone with Verizon only because I have gone near that cap once or twice. I'd love credit. :|

Neph_sl

shitlord
1st - it seems my wife's iPhone uses TONs more data doing the same crap as my blackberry- Netflix, internet etc. plus I used my blackberry to hotspot many many times and she still used more data than me.
Whichever phone is tethered while watching Netflix is going to be the primary driver for your data usage. It sounds like you're mostly tethering on the iPhone. Background applications aren't going to get you to 10 GB data usage

Siliconemelons

she just watched on her phone, I used mine as the hotspot for watching on our PS3's etc. and laptop internet stuff. she is always higher data use than I am, even when she is on Wifi at home just as much as I am- and she does not watch Netflix at work... facebook cant be THAT much data!

Neph_sl

shitlord
Facebook isn't that much data, but autoplaying videos and the like can add up, I guess.

If you're curious, go to Settings => Cellular and you can see a breakdown of data usage by app. Unfortunately it's just cumulative, so you'll have to manually reset the statistics to get an idea of which apps are hogging bandwidth.