Smartphones

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm due for an upgrade. I'm so out of the market these days. What's the best phone out there? I was thinking about a Pixel, but the S7 looks sweet too.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
S7 price is dropping steadily atm due to imminent S8 launch, so one of them depending on your preference for economics or best performance. Pixel is solid, but having many out of stock issues. S8 will likely be a superior phone in any case.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind you can't fly with an S7.

The fuck you talking about? That was for the Note, which was completely recalled and taken off shelves months ago.

He is talking about the Galaxy S7, which I have flown with dozens of times and is a fantastic phone.

As Agraza said though, S8 is due for unveiling this month and should be on sale in April. If you can wait and decide later if you want the new features of the new S8 or the S7 will likely dropped even further in price.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The fuck you talking about? That was for the Note, which was completely recalled and taken off shelves months ago.

He is talking about the Galaxy S7, which I have flown with dozens of times and is a fantastic phone.

As Agraza said though, S8 is due for unveiling this month and should be on sale in April. If you can wait and decide later if you want the new features of the new S8 or the S7 will likely dropped even further in price.

When you go to the airport the airlines now ask if you have a Note or an S7. They don't allow either.

The last two times I flew I got asked and was told they were banned.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you go to the airport the airlines now ask if you have a Note or an S7. They don't allow either.

The last two times I flew I got asked and was told they were banned.

That simply sounds like dumbfucks who do not know how to do their job.

DOT Bans All Samsung Galaxy Note7 Phones from Airplanes

Samsung Says Galaxy S7 Phones Are Safe

“Samsung stands behind the quality and safety of the Galaxy S7 family” the company said in an official statement released late on Friday. “There have been no confirmed cases of internal battery failures with these devices among the more than 10 million devices being used by consumers in the United States.”

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Maybe but I know I got asked if I had any Galaxy device , which I don't.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I literally linked you the .gov announcement about the Note. There is not one mention about a Galaxy S7 ban, nor could my google-fu find one mention of it.

Not saying those signs are not real wherever you are, but there is no FAA / DoT ban on them.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got the impression the airlines were banning them not the TSA/FAA. But perhaps it was temporary. I don't have one so I didn't pay a ton of attention.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
To many prices, numbers and promotions to get the best bang for your buck. But I am considering a Moto G4 - 2GB RAM/ 16GB

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I did that before I got Fi, it always was sent out as a regular Hangouts message, not SMS. It is possible that I was missing something.
You weren't missing anything.

If you don't have android, you need a google voice or project fi number. Otherwise SMS won't work.

I was convinced I was going with the iPhone 8 thus year, but then I remembered the new Note 8 should be out right about the same time. Ffffffffuuuuuuu we know that thing is going to be a beast to try and win back Note lovers...

Crone

@kegkilla Posted in the wrong thread, but Verizon finally rolled out the Nougat update for the S7's. I didn't have a push notification, but when I went to system updates it said it was available.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So my Nexus 5 that I love and have had for like 4 years is getting into battery half life stage and I think its time to look for another.

I am leaning towards the Galaxy 7 because of the expanded Micro SD storage, battery life, etc. Or are the new Nexus phones better? I really wanted another Nexus but I don't like gigantic fucking screens that seem to be all the rage right now. 5x seems kind of good though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Google Pixel doesn't have a micro SD slot? That's a deal breaker. Hard pass. Might wait for the S8 then. Should be around in about a month right?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Google Pixel doesn't have a micro SD slot? That's a deal breaker. Hard pass. Might wait for the S8 then. Should be around in about a month right?

I ain't payin no $700 for a stupid ass phone.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Big reveal this month. On sale next month.

Crone

I ain't payin no $700 for a stupid ass phone.
The S8 is rumored to be the most expensive smartphone ever, eclipsing $1000. And the S7 right now is still like $700.

I don't understand your posts. You don't want to pay that much money for a smartphone, but the phones you are considering are all expensive? I don't get it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The S8 is rumored to be the most expensive smartphone ever, eclipsing $1000. And the S7 right now is still like $700.

I don't understand your posts. You don't want to pay that much money for a smartphone, but the phones you are considering are all expensive? I don't get it.

I was going to buy a factory refurbished S7 for $330 just like I did for the Nexus 5.

You dudes buy this shit new?