Smartphones

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The Vital is coming to Sprint, which should attract the attention of budget buyers. $100 for a 5" screen and stock Android ain't bad.

Cor_sl

shitlord
So aside from the graphic changes, is iOS 7 getting any new features that's not already on Android?
Well, Airdrop is better than NFC file sharing, and there is still no Android equivalent of Airplay (Miracast is terrible compared to Airplay - don't even mention it). Apart from those two features, I don't think ios has anything over Android.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, that gets them more money. Verizon has actually stopped billing for those. Want a smartphone? You got unlimited voice and texts.

That's why I mentioned mini cell towers and offloading traffic. What's the downside to cell carriers supporting wifi calling? It saves them money at maybe the risk of pissing off cable companies(doubtful).
Wait, you have unlimited texts on Verizon? I've got a grandfathered unlimited data, but the text plan is definitely not included nor is it unlimited. I think it's like $10 for 500 or 1000 a month. Granted, I mostly use Google Talk or WhatsApp for texting, but a lot of people (mostly my asshole coworkers) use regular texts still.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Newer plans with the metered data will have unlimited voice/texts I believe. It's been a while since I checked this, so there's a chance i'm wrong.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon has unlimited text. I do have voice limits though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I just double checked. All new smartphone plans on VZW have unlimited talk and text. Just more reason to allow people to do wifi calling.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I am in a strange situation...

Have a jailbroken iphone5 and apps just got updated to use the new screensize... but I liked them much better before!

Any method available to force the app back into letterbox mode?

Edit: Found a very simple method using iFile or iFunbox...

Inside the application folder XXX.app you need to look for a file called: Default-568h (thats the height of the default view) if you rename this file, it will go back to letterbox size

opiate82

Bronze Squire
T-Mobile plan: $30 for unlimited web (5gb of 4g), unlimited text, 100 minutes.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-57...one-plan-ever/
Finally dumping Verizon and am going to give this plan a try. I figure between Google Voice and Facebook Messenger/Google Hangouts I can easily keep from going over the minutes. I was generally sitting around 150 minutes used per month on Verizon but that was without caring at all how many I used.

My contract with Verizon wasn't up for another 8 months, but the amount of money I will save by switching plans more than covers the ETF, not counting the price of the phone (Nexus 4) which I was going to buy anyways at the end of my contract. I can probably sell my Bionic plus my network extender (which I got free from Verizon) to cover the cost of the phone and will end up coming out way ahead on the deal.

As long as Google keeps putting out devices like the Nexus 4 I will never sign another contract with a major carrier again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The hundred minutes is the only thing that makes me hesistant. 1 long phone call in a place you don't have wifi and you're in trouble. And I've gotten used to free nights and weekends. I'm wondering if VZW minutes estimate counts those and ones made to other VZW customers because they're both free.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My bill online breaks out my minutes and shows how many VZW-to-VZW minutes were used even though they are unlimited.

I too am a little hesitant, but for me I am rarely away from Wi-Fi so I should be able to make it work. I even have Wi-Fi access at most of my favorite restaurants. Little worried about when I travel but I can always just switch plans if it becomes an issue.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On their traditional plans, sure. This weird plan that you have to go hunting for, I wouldn't be surprised if you got 100 minutes and that's it. I don't think any prepaid plans have free minutes of any type.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Anyone heard any news on when Verizon is getting the S4 in 32gb? If it goes too much longer I might just have to hold out for the Note III..

Siliconemelons

My grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon has unlimited text. I do have voice limits though.
Same here 1400 talk time- unlimited txt and data- I will not use my upgrade on my accounts, thank you very much Verizon! I enjoy my data ;-)

I am glad iOS7 is catching up to WebOS ;-) just make the card view standard and the home screen and I will move- if not I am still leaning to BB10 with a q10 or a new torch line up if that even gets announced..

still rocking my HP Pre3 - oh yeah!