Smartphones

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Using GMail version 4.5.2-714156. Looks fine to me. There is a delete button on individual mails. Works fine in my end.
What android version are you running?
Using Maps v. 7.0.1 (#700012014). Works fine in my end. Looks a bit more like the one on IOS. I like like it. Maybe it's just you?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Well son of a bitch my Gmail just updated and fixed itself again.

Maps are the same version as yours, I just hate the new interface/design on it. It's probably just me.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Well, thank apple - Google made the app look like the one they had to be degraded to on ios :S

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
New Google Maps sucks. They cut out Latitude and added it over to Google+ Location Sharing (who the fuck wants to check two apps to see traffic and where your friends/spouse are)? They also removed the distance slider bar, so now I gotta take my hands off the wheel to fucking zoom out. Google, y u make things moar difficult??
Does anyone know where they moved "location history" to? I liked being able to track how many miles I covered etc

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's not just you. Google was known for its minimalistic design which made it appealing to the masses. They keep adding this shit to their interface, which, I suppose is OK on a desktop, but it does not work on a cellphone.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't know why they updated google so you couldn't select multiple emails and delete them. Now to do this, I have to enable a large icon to select multiple emails. Looks ugly as shit. Also, you can put the delete button back in via options.

Gmail just changed for web browsers too. I just wish I could have a single Gmail tab open with multiple emails in different tabs like a browser. What the fuck google.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Got a new iPhone 5 last weekend. The new model (still A1428, but with a new radio) does the AWS 1700 band. Goodbye forever, Rogers.

As an aside, I heard some rumour that Verizon is trying to get in on the Canadian market, anyone know if this is true?

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I don't know why they updated google so you couldn't select multiple emails and delete them. Now to do this, I have to enable a large icon to select multiple emails. Looks ugly as shit. Also, you can put the delete button back in via options.

Gmail just changed for web browsers too. I just wish I could have a single Gmail tab open with multiple emails in different tabs like a browser. What the fuck google.
If you don't want the large icons, just turn them off and then just long press on an email to select it and you can then tap on more emails for multiple selection.

hats

Molten Core Raider
Its upgrade time rerollers. Is anyone willing to chime in some advise for me?

Want good battery life and app availability. Unlocking to use emulators/other cool stuff on my device would be a plus.

Lookin at the HTC Droid DNA for $50 under my new 2 year contract.

But if people are really vouching for the increase in quality, I'm also considering blowing the $200 for the new samsung s4. Hear the battery life is exceptional.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If you're considering the S4, you might as well look at the HTC One, too. It's an excellent phone, all around.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I paid $200 for my S4 upgrade and it was well worth it, but I've seen carriers recently advertising it for $99-$149 as well, it's a steal at that price if you can snag it for that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The bottom line, then? If you?re going to upgrade your phone twice a year, every year, you could save money using T-Mobile Jump or Verizon Edge (AT&T Next limits you to upgrading only once every year). But buying new phones at that clip is a very expensive hobby and new top-tier devices don?t even come out that often. With the more likely scenario ? one phone per year ? you stand to save little to nothing by opting for any of these carriers? new upgrade plans when you consider the resale value of your old phone. And if you don?t upgrade every 12 months you?ll be racking up huge charges for no reason.

Ultimately, most everyone is better served by sticking with their traditional cell phone plan and buying a phone at full cost when you can?t take that old smartphone any longer. It?s best, then, to think of these "upgrade plans" as extended payment plans that take advantage of customers who want the newest phones and want to pay little up-front by charging them massive fees as the months roll by. No deal.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/19/45...plans-compared

Stop being a fool

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been watching those commercials where those guys are like "oops accidentally dropped my phone under a car tire" and really considering it with my iPhone. Why did I ever buy this piece of fucking shit?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but the company behind Ubuntu wants to create a super phone that doubles as a linux PC. It'll dual boot Ubuntu and Android and they're looking at a high performance Quad Core, 4 GB of ram and 128GB of storage standard. It'll have a 4.5" screen with sapphire crystal protective layer, support for international LTE and have a silicon anode lithium ion battery which according to my quick google will have faster charging times and a higher capacity.

It's an indiegogo (kickstarter clone) campaign trying to raise a retarded sum of 32 million to get it going. Personally I think the 32million goal is going to kill the project but all the power to them. I would definitely buy a device like this, just not at 830$/pop.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I've been watching those commercials where those guys are like "oops accidentally dropped my phone under a car tire" and really considering it with my iPhone. Why did I ever buy this piece of fucking shit?
I really feel like all smartphones should be made like the S4 Active. Kind of like how just about every watch these days is 'water resistant.'

Older versions of "rugged" smartphones were always bulky with huge rubber bumpers and what not, but if they can put together a phone like the Active, which isn't noticeably bigger/bulkier than the normal version, that is just how they should make the damn phone to begin with. If Samsung would have done that, the Active features alone probably would have buried the HTC One.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is there any drawback to the Active? If not, I don't understand why others don't make it. I guess because there's more profit in breakable phones?