Smartphones

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Trying to find info on the HTC Butterfly S. It's got a nice sized battery so I won't have to have issues with it throughout the day. Problem is, is this not available in US? Can't find it anywhere.

edit: Looks like it goes by HTC Droid DNA in the USA.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The LG G2 has insanely good battery life, from the looks of things.

57938.png

57939.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7251/l...a-quick-look/3

Snapdragon 800 is a beast.

It's a shame this phone is running LG's horrible Android skin. It'd be awesome with stock Android.
from what I could tell the LG skin didn't look any worse than tue Samsung and HTC bloat and I thought I read I could delete most of the things I don't want. Sounds like if you want the G2 stock Android them you want the Nexus 5

Cor_sl

shitlord
from what I could tell the LG skin didn't look any worse than tue Samsung and HTC bloat and I thought I read I could delete most of the things I don't want. Sounds like if you want the G2 stock Android them you want the Nexus 5
I just don't like Android OS bloat at all. Sense at least has some extra useful features (Zoe being a great one), but I hate all the extra bullshit that Samsung adds in Touchwiz.

Unfortunately, assuming the latest leaks are accurate, it doesn't look like the Nexus 5 is going to be based on the G2. Based on the rumoured specs, the Nexus 5 battery will only be 2,300mah (versus 3,000mah in the g2), and it'll be using worse quality Snapdragon 800s which use up more power. It also appears that the Nexus 5 will have a 4.97" screen compared to the G2's 5.2", and it's likely that the Nexus 5's camera won't have OIS, either.

Still, I'm sure the Nexus 5 will be the best value phone on the market and the best phone in its price range.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanna hear how you like or dislike the rocker button on the back of the phone instead of being on the side? That work out ok for you?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wanna hear how you like or dislike the rocker button on the back of the phone instead of being on the side? That work out ok for you?
it should be here on the 11th which is awesome I didn't expect to get it till the 13th. I'll throw up a review of the buttons, bloat and battery life after that.

Crone

It's been said that the Sony Xperia Z1 will be released world wide this month and be offered on more US carriers thanintended before when only T-Mobile was the only carrier to get it.

It's the phone I'm looking at most since picking up a tablet so the Note 3 isn't something I need anymore.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Any other Note users here? Was it hard to agjust to carrying it around with you with it's increased size? I figure I'll have to carry it in my back pocket which will take some getting used too. (when I get the Note 3)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Keys and wallet in the same pocket or keys in the back pocket. Phone in the back pocket = smashed phone, wallet in the back pocket = stolen. Or you could just wear cargo pants all the time

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't wear cargo pants to work, lol. Keys in the back pocket would be a pain in the ass.

I've carried this phone in my back pocket before, never sat on it, I dunno I'll figure something out.

Glad to hear though I'm not the only front pocket wallet guy, my friends think I'm weird for it. Bitches never lived in Flint Michigan before.

Crone

Wallet and phone in one front pocket, keys in other. Not scratching my phone with keys!

Anyone else waiting anxiously for apple's event tomorrow? I wanna see final specs on the new iPhone.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I guess I just keep more shit in my wallet then you guys. Probably from my business cards. I'll see if I can't thin it out maybe.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Anyone else waiting anxiously for apple's event tomorrow? I wanna see final specs on the new iPhone.
No, not really. They will get us excited and then show us another phone with 18 month old technology, pass it off as new and people will scoop it up. It's the same thing every year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Any other Note users here? Was it hard to agjust to carrying it around with you with it's increased size? I figure I'll have to carry it in my back pocket which will take some getting used too. (when I get the Note 3)
I don't have a note but my brother has one and loves it. He carries it in his front pocket. If it's anything like my kindle you wouldn't want to sit down with it in your back pocket. When I did that in the car with the kindle it smashed the screen real well.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I carry my keys in my back pocket but I always set them down wherever I go or give them to my wife to put them in her purse (or put them in my desk drawer at work). I never sit on them... This is really only a problem in the summer when I'm not wearing a coat.