Smartphones

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do none of you by phones with SD slots? I'm rolling a 512 gig card in my galaxy.
i have an older 400gb in mine and i even carry around the ejector pin
1658793536366.jpeg

in hindsight, i really should just put a paperclip on my keychain cuz sometimes it gets turned the wrong way and stabs me in the ass

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i have an older 400gb in mine and i even carry around the ejector pin
View attachment 424111

in hindsight, i really should just put a paperclip on my keychain cuz sometimes it gets turned the wrong way and stabs me in the ass
You plug the phone into the PC, copy all the pics and videos to the hard-drive once a month. Viola, back up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You plug the phone into the PC, copy all the pics and videos to the hard-drive once a month. Viola, back up.
i don't ever use the pin, i just like that i can eject when i need it, technically it would be faster to eject and copy since my sd reader is usbc, but i guess i can also just as well get another usbc to usbc cable instead of just going through pleb usb3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lulz 5gb is silly, thats like 1, 5minute 4k video
Yep. The best workaround I've found is getting an original Pixel or Pixel XL. They have free unlimited lifetime storage of videos and photos at full original quality (pixel 2-5 allow backup at compressed resolutions). There are a few methods where you can somewhat automate backing them up to the original pixel when on home wifi, and then have them get backed up. It is really nice if you want to back up lots of high quality videos and photos.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Verizon tower carrier that isnt ass? Holy fuck dealing w/ xfinity trying to get onto straight talk only to be told "Please be informed that MMS may not be working on some BYOP devices. We are working on sending an update to the phones so that the MMS will work. As of this time, there is no update yet that is being rolled out."

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Android 13 is officially released for those of you with pixels. The update wasn't being pushed to me yet so I figured fuck it, I'll sideload the OTA.

20 minutes after remembering the right commands:

fml.jpg

Goddammit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Restart didnt fix, but wifes phone suddenly doesn't seem to want to charge off any cords. At 2% so not great timing to do much with it. S9+

Infuriatingly shutting it off to try and save it for a while, and it vibrates and chimes every minute that it's battery is low. Thanks retard phone.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Android 13 actually made my pixel 6 pro and nest hub start working together. For months the phone google assistant would override the Nest hub, meaning light commands etc were "unlock your phone first". Was such a ball ache

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Restart didnt fix, but wifes phone suddenly doesn't seem to want to charge off any cords. At 2% so not great timing to do much with it. S9+

Infuriatingly shutting it off to try and save it for a while, and it vibrates and chimes every minute that it's battery is low. Thanks retard phone.
I cant recall if the 9+ can do wireless or power sharing. If it can try that. If it wont charge wirelessly then the battery might have crapped out.

Sludig

I cant recall if the 9+ can do wireless or power sharing. If it can try that. If it wont charge wirelessly then the battery might have crapped out.
Wireless is working after a quick trip to walmart. Not sure if repair shops can swap the port out or anything. Wish she'd just taken the basically free upgrade when we swapped to verizon. But stubborn mules and all that.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wireless is working after a quick trip to walmart. Not sure if repair shops can swap the port out or anything. Wish she'd just taken the basically free upgrade when we swapped to verizon. But stubborn mules and all that.
If i recall correctly the 9 didnt use the USB-C, it used the old little USB plug . My wife would fuck them up all the time. Try 2 or 3 differnet cords and then try wiggling them around and see if she just put it in upside down too many times and misshaped the inside of the charge port. Worst case just have her use wireless charging from now on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If i recall correctly the 9 didnt use the USB-C, it used the old little USB plug . My wife would fuck them up all the time. Try 2 or 3 differnet cords and then try wiggling them around and see if she just put it in upside down too many times and misshaped the inside of the charge port. Worst case just have her use wireless charging from now on.
it's always lint

Sludig

it's always lint
Blew it out pretty good, looked clean. Is fairly loose from 3+ years of plugging in though. Tried numerous cords etc of course.

So just switched carriers and got my 22+ basically free, she refused to change. Might go back and see if we are still in a grace period to upgrade or something as I doubt she wants to stay w/ wireless forever. (So slow)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blew it out pretty good, looked clean. Is fairly loose from 3+ years of plugging in though. Tried numerous cords etc of course.

So just switched carriers and got my 22+ basically free, she refused to change. Might go back and see if we are still in a grace period to upgrade or something as I doubt she wants to stay w/ wireless forever. (So slow)
Honeslty i never plug in my S20. It sits on a wireless charger on either my desk or my night stand. That being said, i dont recall if the S9 can handle actual fast charging (15w or better). The 15w wireless chargers are fast as shit.

Sludig

So wireless working once charged she was getting wet port warning. (Didn't get wet) restarted and it went away for a day but then came back..

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>