Smoke Alarms?

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Which ones do you prefer, etc? I need to buy replacement smoke detectors for the house and they need to be hardwired. Looking for input from folks who have replaced them recently.

Thanks in advance.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nest is making a smoke alarm. I don't know if it's actually good or not but it's sort of cool.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very true. I think the Nest is cool but I had a friend recently buy it and I asked him why he wanted it considering his wife is a stay at home mom and they don't really need an automated system... and he said it was because he could change the temperature without having to get out of bed.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you can wave at the thing and make it stop going off while you're cooking that's worth a few bucks in my opinion. I'm also somewhat intrigued by the motion sensor light. I'm not sure if I would want that or not but I could imagine it being kind of cool in the bathroom or the hallway if it's soft enough that it doesn't hurt your eyes but still keeps you from killing yourself tripping over a chair while you're walking around in the dark.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Half the price. Why the fuck am I even bothering to program this thermostat my goddamn wife and kids are just going to override the thing turning it up and down over and over again because they don't understand how heating and cooling systems work.

I FEEL COLD

fuck you bitch, you aren't going to magically feel warmer faster by turning it up to 85 degrees
FIXED AGAIN!