Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Robert Schwentke

Cast: Henry Golding, Andrew Koji, Iko Uwais, Úrsula Corberó, Haruka Abe, Samara Weaving, Steven Allerick, Takehiro Hira

Release: 2021-07-22

Plot: A G.I. Joe spin-off centered around the character of Snake Eyes.

spronk

FPS noob

I thought this was Fast and Furious: Ninja Style

but nope, its a spin off from GI Joe. Yes, the Snake Eyes character from GI Joe. Yes. You read that right.

kinda sad when I saw In Theaters Only July 23, it looks goofy as hell but i still wanna watch

I guess the movie pipeline is back, we'll start seeing more and more theatrical only releases now. Wonder how its gonna work out, this weekend was still a huge bust as far as box office and I think 2 or 3 new movies came out.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

Snake Eyes, the De Palma film from 1998, was pretty damn good, wasn't it ? I only saw bits and pieces of it on TV since then, so maybe if I saw it today I would find it dated, but I remember really enjoying it back then.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
everyone liked snaked eyes in the cartoon but in the 2009 movie, all the joes were doofs and were retards

and storm shadown and baroness looked amazing
427873664d3e0dad1ec25c4d1c0a196c.jpg

apparently there was supposed to be a 3rd movie out but covid and delays and they went ahead and did this one instead which is supposed to be a spinoff sequel that that 3rd unreleased movie!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How hard is it for these retards to stay faithful to the source material? Adapt the silent issue, throw in some exposition through flashbacks, and let Snake Eyes be a badass commando as God intended.

Snake Eyes isn’t even Asian.
C4D7EA43-DCD1-4B4D-A106-AE80CA25B580.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just do a Baroness movie with lots of titties and gratuitous sex scenes. I would be all in.

• 9Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
new trailer today. looks like super generic kung fu action. wouldn't be surprised if it originally had nothing to do with gi joe, but some studio exec forced them into it so they don't lose the license.

but i just found out samara weaving is scarlet. which absolutely sucks because now i'm going to have to see it.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ray Park is the only Snake Eyes

Few years ago now but worth reminding ourselves how badass he is.

I used to think the prequels were shit until we were served the last three and yet, even in one movie, he was a better villian than pretty much any Sith before or after him.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Forget Darth Plagueis, the real tragedy was Darth Maul. Greatest villain in Star Wars next to Vader and his potential was cast aside faster than Luke’s Lightsaber.

massive misstep IMO

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Darth Maul said 31 words in The Phantom Menace. He was an absolutely terrible throw away fucking character who only got interesting in later animation.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Forget Darth Plagueis, the real tragedy was Darth Maul. Greatest villain in Star Wars next to Vader and his potential was cast aside faster than Luke’s Lightsaber.

massive misstep IMO

darth maul is a big part of Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels, if you like the character worth a watch. he'll probably show up in the Obi Wan live show too

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database