Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2021)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Darth Maul said 31 words in The Phantom Menace. He was an absolutely terrible throw away fucking character who only got interesting in later animation.

I agree in the overall prequel trilogy his character is a huge waste, but if you put yourself back into the mindset of the Phantom Menace trailers or even just that movie alone before he dies, he was interesting in that he was basically Vader's opposite.. Vader is an awesome villain but he does not do much, he is physically imposing and has this aura of fear around him, and when he fights he is lumbering around, not moving unless necessary, and going for slow powerful swings. And most of the fear he inspires in people is from simply speaking to them.

Maul on the other hand is very quiet, barely says a few words, but he's super quick and agile, almost like a ninja type of fighter as opposed to Vader's zweihander strikes. His double-sided lightsaber also gave him a unique style that offered a lot of potential (that was wasted too, but there's a lot of utility in a fight when you have a weapon that can split in two weapons, and the mind powers to use it to its utmost).

Even their appearances are the opposite, Vader is in full black plated armor with a cape and a helmet that hides his features, while Maul has those red tatoos that make him really stand out and flowing robes that let him use his agility and quickness.

It sure was better than attempting to rehash Vader into Kylo Ren (who also had a ton of wasted potential but even at his most promising was always going to be a wannabe Vader, even in the script).

I'm glad the character got -some- redeeming interest in the other content, but yeah, he's a big case of What could have been...

EDIT : Oh yeah forgot this isn't a SW thread... so uh.. this movie has ninjas, woo. Looks uh.. ok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1627341065450.png

Production Budget: $88,000,000

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
American Ninja had a budget of $1 million, and is still my most memorable "Ninja" type movies ever, despite how cheesy and cringe it may seem as an adult.

How do you fuck up a ninja movie with $88 million budget?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
American Ninja had a budget of $1 million, and is still my most memorable "Ninja" type movies ever, despite how cheesy and cringe it may seem as an adult.

you clearly dont know how to Sho Kosugi.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

No Michael Dudikoff

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had no idea this came out already, changes nothing, but okay.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nice, i look forward to downloading the torrent and feeling good about not going to theaters. thanks, china (?)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
1080p and 4k torrents are out, its up on all pay VOD sites too like apple, amazon, vudu, google, etc

Dunwulf

Molten Core Raider
I regret renting and watching this snoozefest of a crappy movie today. It stole my life from me like the 6 fingered man!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I regret renting and watching this snoozefest of a crappy movie today. It stole my life from me like the 6 fingered man!
imma respect the review that took this dude 1year to finally talk

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

none

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cut it off after 5 minutes. Shaky cam during the first fight was nauseating. Raping my childhood one movie at a time.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm really struggling to finish this, watched a bit yesterday and at a certain point i thought the movie was almost over, i was pretty bored, and when i paused it the movie was only halfway done lol. How does 1 hour feel like I've sat through 3 hours...

its not the worst thing i've seen, i've seen a LOT of REALLY, REALLY bad movies but it reminds me a lot of 90s crap action movies like American Ninja or most of JVCD/Steven Seagal/etc movies, except those guys have charisma. and those movies were done on $5-10m budgets, this is like a $150m movie.

I don't get at all why its a GI Joe movie, all that shit is so forced in its hilariously funny.

well, wish me luck, i'm gonna try to finish this weekend

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
its not the worst thing i've seen, i've seen a LOT of REALLY, REALLY bad movies but it reminds me a lot of 90s crap action movies like American Ninja or most of JVCD/Steven Seagal/etc movies, except those guys have charisma. and those movies were done on $5-10m budgets, this is like a $150m movie.

This is on Amazon Prime right now and I started watching it. It is not a great movie but im enjoying it and this post explains why. Reminds me of those 80s/90s action movies.