SNL 40

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking 3.5 hours is too long. But yeah, this has been surprisingly awesome. I'll probably download it to finish it some other day.

Was surprised by Larry David. I wish he'd go and do another season of Curb.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Le Tits Now ! Ha

David and Jett was great. Also I don't know why but I really miss Eddie Murphy now. Looking forward to Beverly Hills cop 4

Column_sl

shitlord
Only funny segment was the Jeopardy one, and it was in the front. Rest was a train wreck..

That Eddie Murphy thing was retarded. I guess he's too good now to even appear in a skit

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I liked most of it except West and Murphy. That mother fucker couldnt even crack a joke? da fuk was that about.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was pretty good.

Even though SNL is somewhat returning to where it was in '81-'85 (not very good) when Lorne left, it's amazing what an institution it really is when you think about it. The cold open, credits/opening song, "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!". It all just evokes the quintessential "late night" experience of a relaxing weekend to me. This episode really pounded the hell out of my nostalgia feels.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The whole thing with them saying Jon Lovitz is dead was great. And Wayne's World at the end was perfect.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Jeopardy skit was the best part and Wayne's World was ok but other than that bleh. They have this big group of old performers and the best bit was Jeopardy, Petty big let down in that regard. That Californians skit was just god awful.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having lived in SoCal for the last 3 years, the Californians skit was fucking hilarious. But that's probably too small of an audience for that kind of extended joke.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Having lived in SoCal for the last 3 years, the Californians skit was fucking hilarious. But that's probably too small of an audience for that kind of extended joke.
Yep, never understood the need for that skit to always go 3 times in a row ;\ Also, what was the point of having Eddie Murphy just for 15 seconds of...nothing? He even messed up by finishing early, and probably would've killed it with a 'your mama' joke (because of what Chris Rock mentioned while introducing him), but instead just seemed irritated.

Rest of it was great, and it actually went fast for 3hrs or whatever it was when commercials are skipped.

iannis

Musty Nester
Miley Cyrus actually has a great voice. The few songs of hers that I've heard are dogshit, but that cover of 50 ways was good. She kept dropping thicker and thicker into the accent. But she knows who pays the bills I guess. I think it might have been Miley Cyrus doing Justin Beiber? I hope she doesn't twerk out. I think in another 7-10 years she might start doing some good music.

And Kanye is sort of the ULTIMATE artfag, isn't he? I've never watched that jackoff. His supporting singers upstaged him easily.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
No it was one of the cast members doing Beiber... she's done it at least a few times on the show before. I swear most of their skits and cast hiring now seem to be based on celebrity impressions. I just roll my eyes every time they start a celebrity impersonation skit now; it's just so lazy.

I thought the special was great.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Miley Cyrus was the one playing Bieber? Agree'd that Jeopardy was hilarious, Norm showing up on a driving podium was great & Carey playing Matthew McConaughey had me rolling.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Jeopardy skit was the best part and Wayne's World was ok but other than that bleh. They have this big group of old performers and the best bit was Jeopardy, Petty big let down in that regard. That Californians skit was just god awful.
The californians skit I thought was good because the actors broke character. I get the joke and lived down in southern California but friends that were raised there couldnt stop laughing

Overall I thought is was a good show, only thing I would say they messed up on was tributes to Hartman and other past members. Actors trying to play Radner or Farely was a terrible idea.

Most of the time I kept thinking about how amazing SNL was up until the early 2000's so I loved the reminders of old ass skits I forgot about. Anything with the audience was great also

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was pretty good, but there were way too many partial skits. They didn't do most of them justice. How can you have a gilda radner clip without her ever saying "never mind", or bring in the land shark without him trying to convince you he's something else? About the only thing they got right were the new skits. Jeopardy was great, but I think weekend update was the best. Though, out of the tributes they did on Weekend update, McCarthy doing farley was the only one that really really worked.

I fast forwarded through the californians until betty white showed up. I always hated that one.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Update was awful especially Mccarthy, Denis Miller not making an appearance was weird.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
McCarthy doing Farley worked, although it made me miss Farley cause his original character was of course much better. Norton's character was good too, it was funny without me even remembering the original character. Emma Stone doing Gilda Radner was awful.