Snow White (2024)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Snow White (2024)

Genre: Family, Fantasy

Director: Marc Webb

Cast: Rachel Zegler, Gal Gadot, Andrew Burnap, Martin Klebba, Ansu Kabia, Joshmaine Joseph, Gabriela Garcia, Lukus Alexander, Misa Koide, Katie Hardwick, Dean Nolan, Charlotte Scally, Kathryn Akin, Leon Ung

Release: 2024-03-20

Plot: Live-action adaptation of the 1937 Disney animated film 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1689337095235.png

Pictures obtained exclusively by MailOnline show the merry band of men and women walking across a field behind Rachel Zegler, the West Side Story star who has been cast as Snow White and is Disney's first ever Latina princess.

1689337176103.png

"
The Daily Mail's Alison Boshoff previously revealed that Disney bosses had decided that Snow White's seven 'dwarfs' will be fully computer generated - and will be magical, forest-dwelling creatures rather than dwarfs.

A source connected with the production explained that they will be rather like the trolls in Frozen, or JRR Tolkien's hobbits. They will have two legs, two arms and a face with eyes, nose and a mouth - but not be actually human."

• 4Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 10 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow that looks awful. Is Snow White going to go visit her grandmother? The confusion is real.

This looks like a Saturday Night Live skit making fun of current day politics.

I love how Disney just keeps throwing the money away.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the people behind this film snorted too much snow white if you know what I mean.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't get this trend to not cast actual little people in the roles they were born to play. First Wonka now this.

I mean, I guess its all part of the same thing as casting severely unattractive black chicks in roles intended for attractive white women.

But this is just weird. Its like, this only hurts midgets, and doesnt help anybody.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuck that looks so bad. I actually cannot wait for the trailer to see just how much further they will fuck this up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can understand the lawyers saying "hey you need to make a movie with this property" for legal reasons. But I don't understand why they won't even try to make it decent.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't get this trend to not cast actual little people in the roles they were born to play. First Wonka now this.

I mean, I guess its all part of the same thing as casting severely unattractive black chicks in roles intended for attractive white women.

But this is just weird. Its like, this only hurts midgets, and doesnt help anybody.
the really odd thing is, Peter Dinklage can be credited for all this
“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is getting a live-action remake, but Emmy winning actor Peter Dinklage isn’t sure it should.

Disney announced that “West Side Story” actress Rachel Zegler will star as the princess in the remake of the 1937 animated film. Gal Gadot will play the Evil Queen. Dinklage thinks the story shouldn’t be remade at all if it’s not updated.

The “Game of Thrones” star appeared on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast Monday and raised some questions about revisiting the 85-year-old film at this time.

“I was a little taken aback when they were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White. You’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.’ Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me,” he told Maron. “You’re progressive in one way and you’re still making that f—ing backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the f— are you doing man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

The original “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” the first full length animated feature from Disney, can still be told says Dinklage, it just needs to be updated to today’s standards.

“If you tell the story of ‘Snow White’ with the most f—ed up, progressive spin on it? Let’s do it. All in,” he told Maron.

Disney responded to the actor’s comments in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, saying the film intends to take “a different approach with these seven characters” in order “to avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film.”

The company added that they “have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community” during the film’s “lengthy development period.”

More will be shared about the film as it begins production, the statement added.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The execs see themselves as the elves and thus don't need to consult anyone for that depiction, but it would look bad if they don't get input from the less civilized races for their roles.

Chris

Potato del Grande
1) Make a movie with 7 people with dwarfism cast as the dwarfs, have the back story be that they have been outcast from society because of their stature.

Maybe they have used their collective talents and physiology to invent advancing mining techniques and are actually making a lot of money to the point that they are taking in orphans now - Snow White is the first and looks after the newer orphan children. Now you have dwarfs, added some heart to the movie and it's positive about people who are different.

I still wouldn't make the movie though because the original is a classic and still exists.

2) Make a movie about an Aztec Princess who is having a wonderful life with her loving family until 16 prisoners are to be human sacrificed for her 16th birthday, she realises the truth of her society and manages to escape.

She finds some Spanish explorers and there is a touching story about how the princess uses her education and smarts to become the first ever translator for the Spanish, she falls in love with a monk she is learning to talk to. But while her new friends are there for discovery, she meets their conquistadors allies who are just looking for land and gold.

The ending is during the fall of Tenochitilan and she has to make multiple choices about if she is going to side with her human sacrificing family or gold crazed "liberators". Ultimately both she and monk abandon both sides to their war and lead survivors (including the original 16, some of her family and some of the Spanish) into the jungle to start a simple life away from the corrupting nature of civilisation.

That's the latina princess movie I would make. Like Apocalypto crossed with Prince of Egypt.

Like... I WANT to experience other cultures, brown washed German fairy tales is not that.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
2) Make a movie about an Aztec Princess who is having a wonderful life with her loving family until 16 prisoners are to be human sacrificed for her 16th birthday, she realises the truth of her society and manages to escape.

She finds some Spanish explorers and there is a touching story about how the princess uses her education and smarts to become the first ever translator for the Spanish, she falls in love with a monk she is learning to talk to. But while her new friends are there for discovery, she meets their conquistadors allies who are just looking for land and gold.

The ending is during the fall of Tenochitilan and she has to make multiple choices about if she is going to side with her human sacrificing family or gold crazed "liberators". Ultimately both she and monk abandon both sides to their war and lead survivors (including the original 16, some of her family and some of the Spanish) into the jungle to start a simple life away from the corrupting nature of civilisation.

That's the latina princess movie I would make. Like Apocalypto crossed with Prince of Egypt.

Like... I WANT to experience other cultures, brown washed German fairy tales is not that.

You've literally just described Pocahontas, you Pox-marked-fat-ass

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't understand who is SNOW WHITE in this new adaptation.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the really odd thing is, Peter Dinklage can be credited for all this
“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” is getting a live-action remake, but Emmy winning actor Peter Dinklage isn’t sure it should.

Disney announced that “West Side Story” actress Rachel Zegler will star as the princess in the remake of the 1937 animated film. Gal Gadot will play the Evil Queen. Dinklage thinks the story shouldn’t be remade at all if it’s not updated.

The “Game of Thrones” star appeared on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast Monday and raised some questions about revisiting the 85-year-old film at this time.

“I was a little taken aback when they were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White. You’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.’ Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me,” he told Maron. “You’re progressive in one way and you’re still making that f—ing backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the f— are you doing man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

The original “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” the first full length animated feature from Disney, can still be told says Dinklage, it just needs to be updated to today’s standards.

“If you tell the story of ‘Snow White’ with the most f—ed up, progressive spin on it? Let’s do it. All in,” he told Maron.

Disney responded to the actor’s comments in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, saying the film intends to take “a different approach with these seven characters” in order “to avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film.”

The company added that they “have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community” during the film’s “lengthy development period.”

More will be shared about the film as it begins production, the statement added.
tbh I would be waaaay more interested in an adaptation of Snow White with Peter Dinklage providing substantial artistic direction and a focus on making it a movie that respects dwarves. A generic live-action adaptation with Snow White with a bit of color injected? Meh.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You've literally just described Pocahontas, you Pox-marked-fat-ass
Pox marked? What?

I saw Pocahontas when I was 9 and haven't seen it since, not sure why I'm supposed to remember it's plot.

First contact stories are interesting and I think we can have more than one.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pox marked? What?

I saw Pocahontas when I was 9 and haven't seen it since, not sure why I'm supposed to remember it's plot.

First contact stories are interesting and I think we can have more than one.
They're similar in that it's a new world native hooking up with an old world dude, but Ossoi doesn't recognize the profound differences between a small Powhatan tribe vs the Aztec Empire, the Englishmen vs conquistadors or a Spanish monk vs English captain.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database