Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Sahin is on his way back to Borussia Dortmund. If he can't even get on the pitch for LFC then I'm not sure how he's going to play for them. Though whether that has anything to do with Rodgers affinity for Joe Allen is another discussion. Hopefully the wages it frees up allows for another player or two to be brought in.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Sahin is on his way back to Borussia Dortmund. If he can't even get on the pitch for LFC then I'm not sure how he's going to play for them. Though whether that has anything to do with Rodgers affinity for Joe Allen is another discussion. Hopefully the wages it frees up allows for another player or two to be brought in.
Make me curious what was going on with Sahin and whether he just couldn't settle. The guy looked to have all the quality in the world, though we never were his first choice so its most probably best for both parties. I'd like to see a new leftback brought in and another striker, don't see either happening though. Also why isn't Coates getting any time at all on the pitch?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Make me curious what was going on with Sahin and whether he just couldn't settle. The guy looked to have all the quality in the world, though we never were his first choice so its most probably best for both parties. I'd like to see a new leftback brought in and another striker, don't see either happening though. Also why isn't Coates getting any time at all on the pitch?
Coates has got potential but suffers from concentration lapses that result in mistakes, this will be ironed out with a run of games, but until it's ironed out he won't displace Agger/Skrtel, hence why he might leave on loan.

Sahin hardly played last year because of injury. He was lacking match fitness when he joined which made it harder to acclimatise to the pace of the premership and why he was subbed off in every appearance he made. It didn't help his cause when he complained he was being played out of position, although he did have a point. Also worth pointing out that Gerrard is slowly beginning to excel in one of the deeper MF slots that Sahin wanted, leading the way with assists. So if Gerrard is a cert for one of the midfield slots, that left Lucas, Allen, Sahin, Shelvey and Henderson fighting it out for the remaining two. Factor in the broken nose that Sahin suffered and it just wasn't meant to be.

Dortmund have reimbursed some of the loan fee that LFC paid to Real Madrid and it's 90k a week off the wage bill.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Utterly bizarre interview from Wenger doing the rounds today. He's admitted that he knew selling RVP to Man Utd would propel Utd further ahead of Arsenal and that RVP made the right decision in choosing Utd over City.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...oining-1530395

Utterly utterly bizarre, no surprise that 5% of Arsenal fans don't think he's the right man for the job any longer.

/incomingspringboknerdrage

Watched QPR/Tottenham this morning. While QPR were solid in the back, watching them go forward was painful. Individual runs by Taraabt, no one playing together. One point ahead of Reading for the moment, though!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Real Moudrid ties with the last in the table.... 0-0. and they are still getting getting paid XD
What an absolute dumpster fire over there. Not sure where Madrid go from here - they've given Mourinho much of what he demanded (players, control etc) and he hasn't gotten the most out of ANY of them. Those that a mere 6 months ago were calling Mou the greatest manager in the world are now hiding in their closets.

It was then, and will be until he retires SAF.

PKS

N00b
Fucking Madrid. If United beat them handily, people will just say that they are a shitty team anyway, and ignore the huge victory that it should be. ^^

(United will probably still lose yes yes.. But if!)

PKS

N00b
Silence in here is deafening! Probably waiting for me to say something controversial. Well.. nah, 2-1 is about right result I'd say, though Webb was a bit useless for Utd today, that's about it for controversial points..

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Was just a dreadful first half for LFC and basically the difference. I think Allen is shot at this point, he should have come off instead of Lucas as he was just being bypassed in the mid too easily.

Edit: Welp this ManC/Arsenal game is over already, stupid play by Koscielny.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Johnson made a pretty nice rugby tackle on Valencia. Lucky he and Skrtel didn't get red carded.
You're on crack, Skrtel and Welbeck were jostling for position and before Johnson's foul on Valencia he was pushed off the ball by Valencia.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Was just a dreadful first half for LFC and basically the difference.
Simply cannot allow Man U to have the ball like we did, annoys the piss out of me to see teams sit back at old trafford, never works. You may as well go at them, they are not amazing at the back by any means. Credit to RVP though, the guy is the best natural finsher I have seen since Fowler.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Simply cannot allow Man U to have the ball like we did, annoys the piss out of me to see teams sit back at old trafford, never works. You may as well go at them, they are not amazing at the back by any means. Credit to RVP though, the guy is the best natural finsher I have seen since Fowler.
That's what I don't get, even down a man at Anfield we pressed and controlled the mid and possession. It's pretty simple in theory but most teams don't do it since they are so scared of RvP/Rooney/Hernandez but you have to get up in their grill when they have the ball, not sit back and absorb pressure. When we did press in the second half ManU looked the poorer team and there were a lot of giveaways that we should have taken advantage of.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Welp, watched the first half - left at half time to work out and work off some anger. Toothless, gutless, and putrid from Arsenal today. Koscielny, what the fuck are you thinking son?

Today should also go a long way to show all the Walcott fanboi's that he is NOT capable of playing as a lone striker. He simply isn't good enough - though few players in the BPL are (RVP, Suarez, Aguero to name just a few). Hope he gets his deal, but no need to break the bank over it.

The biggest thing is the team just looks like its lost - no leaders, no captains etc.... and I am still having a hard time believing that we're halfway through January and nobody has seriously been approached to come in. Maddening.

PKS

N00b
It's not exactly as straight forward as that, tactically speaking. United played with a high defensive line and also pushed high up the pitch. If LFC opted to push out fully like theyhadto in the 2nd half, the game would have been very stretched, end to end, and I'd suspect play into Uniteds favour even more so, given Sturridge wasn't on the pitch yet.
There were instances where that was the case in the first half, because when challenged, Carrick & Cleverly & Kagawa were excellent in retaining and building possession. United looked like scoring either way, you can just say Rogers perhaps bottled it with his starting selection, rather than how the team played in the first half.
Also, the subs definitely went in favour of LFC. Surprisingly Valencia is having a poor season and continued to this game, often giving away possession. Similarly, with Jones swapped in for Kagawa, with his role some what 'Follow Suarez', the midfield battle after an hour of play had gone in favour of LFC. United had to take a much deeper defensive line and it was all to do with parking the bus to keep it at 2-1, not aiding in any way whatsoever for calming nerves around OT. Commentators would have suggested that it would have been wiser for likes of Scholes instead of Jones (if he made the bench wtf..), or Giggs for Young with Welbeck dropping right, etc. But either way, it worked out, 2-1 was the final score, so I guess I can't complain.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
It's not exactly as straight forward as that, tactically speaking. United played with a high defensive line and also pushed high up the pitch. If LFC opted to push out fully like theyhadto in the 2nd half, the game would have been very stretched, end to end, and I'd suspect play into Uniteds favour even more so, given Sturridge wasn't on the pitch yet.
There were instances where that was the case in the first half, because when challenged, Carrick & Cleverly & Kagawa were excellent in retaining and building possession. United looked like scoring either way, you can just say Rogers perhaps bottled it with his starting selection, rather than how the team played in the first half.
Also, the subs definitely went in favour of LFC. Surprisingly Valencia is having a poor season and continued to this game, often giving away possession. Similarly, with Jones swapped in for Kagawa, with his role some what 'Follow Suarez', the midfield battle after an hour of play had gone in favour of LFC. United had to take a much deeper defensive line and it was all to do with parking the bus to keep it at 2-1, not aiding in any way whatsoever for calming nerves around OT. Commentators would have suggested that it would have been wiser for likes of Scholes instead of Jones (if he made the bench wtf..), or Giggs for Young with Welbeck dropping right, etc. But either way, it worked out, 2-1 was the final score, so I guess I can't complain.
The whole rodgers system is based around a highline and everyone pressing the opposition whilst we dont have the ball, this is the exact opposite that happened in the first half. I just don't see the point of sitting back at old trafford, everyone does it apart from european teams and they have way more success. It looked to me like Rodgers should have played Henderson instead of Allen, Henderson has the legs to chase the ball whilst Allen just looks like he needs a rest.

I'm not surprised that we lost, it just annoys me that we didn't help ourselves. As bitter as this may sound, I still don't think Man U are a top team and I think it says a lot about the premiership that they are so far ahead. I will be very curious to see what happens when they come up against a side in europe that goes at them.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
This seasons ManUtd team have already let in more goals than when they won some of their championships, they are "just" relying on banging in more goals at the other end. 10-years-ago-RedFace would be rolling in his grave but the current edition obviously believes it's easier to use the current lineup offensively and he's probably (well I guess he knows more than me
tongue.png
) right!