Soccer 2016-2017

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Love having the EPL back - we're two weeks away from college football too and cooler weather. Pretty fun games this weekend - Really pleased for Hull with everything going on. City looked dire yesterday but they won't care (for now), Spurs/Everton was a good game but Everton were wasteful with their chances, Manc looked pretty decent today against a shocking Bournemouth team, and Arsenal/LFC should be great. Kind of surprised we're not starting Xhaka - think Wenger is overthinking the back 4 protection with Coquelin but who knows with him. I'd take a draw right now to be honest....

faille

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal deserved to lead and if they'd hung on until half time it might be a whole different game. Second half is a bit of a nightmare for you

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Arsenal is a fucking joke. Wenger just needs to gtfo. I can't stand his bs anymore. Every year is the same excuses. "We will only buy if its quality".

Really? You fucking cunt. You can't find a better CB then Chambers, Holding, Gabriel and Mert in the fucking world?

I would have gladly taken Ashley Williams who went for peanuts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arsenal is a fucking joke. Wenger just needs to gtfo. I can't stand his bs anymore. Every year is the same excuses. "We will only buy if its quality".

Really? You fucking cunt. You can't find a better CB then Chambers, Holding, Gabriel and Mert in the fucking world?

I would have gladly taken Ashley Williams who went for peanuts.

That's what kills me about the summer - Gabriel goes down, now it's "time to buy" a CB to replace him.... Like he was worth 2 shits anyways. If Mustafi is your target, could have fucking bought him 2 months ago regardless of injuries etc. The whole thing just reeks of gross incompetence and negligence. Bored of it now.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nothing has changed, Arsenal and Liverpool are still shit

I think you mean Moreno is still shit, why Klopp hasn't got a new LB is beyond me.

Coutinho captain in my fantasy team and Mane too. Mane scored exactly the kind of goal I could see him scoring - too strong and fast for the Arsenal defence.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing has changed, Arsenal and Liverpool are still shit

Yes the defense collapsing at the end had me looking like LT. Worf after you besmirched his honor.

I'm going to a August or Sept Match next year need to work out the details but that is the best time for me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes the defense collapsing at the end had me looking like LT. Worf after you besmirched his honor.

I'm going to a August or Sept Match next year need to work out the details but that is the best time for me.

Happy to help with getting a ticket if necessary. Also be happy to meet up in Liverpool and let you know the best spots

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Klavan cost us what, 4m pounds? There's no reason Arsenal couldn't have signed a similar defender let alone any other player. As far as LFC, I think on our day we can outscore anybody. Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and then add Sturridge or a coming into his own Origi is pretty formidable. Just a question of can we also defend.

For my Chelsea/LFC tickets, they were $140 each and I bought 6. Plus parking and concessions, it was easily a grand. In hindsight I could have just saved that for a trip to Anfield. I may have the money anyway for it this fall, we'll see.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'd feel a bit hard done by if I was a West Ham fan. Costa should have been off for the supposed "strikers challenge" on Adrian yet scores the game winner. Both teams were pretty mediocre and created nothing but now we get to hear about Chelsea is back for the rest of the week, blah...

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends how you look at it. Technically Chelsea were the better team and West Ham didn't do enough to keep it 1-1, or even to get a winning goal. I imagine as the EPL keeps getting more competitive we'll witness more of these "grind out a win" games that looked pretty stale mate all 90 minutes. City being another example on the Saturday.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If Chelsea were down to 10 men then who's to say what would have happened then? Chelsea had more possession but did very little with it, I don't think they had really had clear cut chances and were relying again on Hazard to make something happen.

Anyway, on to next week.

PKS

N00b
All I care about this season is a top4 and Rashford making more than 20+ appearances. Don't fuck with me Mou.