Soccer 2017-2018

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That counter attack to end it was absolutely flawless. What a game. Japan worthy of going through as well, but Belgium got it done. Brazil/Belgium could be fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I really expected Japan to get thrashed and instead that might have been the best game of the entire World Cup so far

• 1Like

Szlia

Of course when there is a game full of drama, I miss it... that said, seeing how it ended I am almost glad I did! Google told me that the last time a team that lead 2-0 in an elimination match ended up losing was in 1970... good job Japan :(

What happened in these last 30 minutes though? Japan was in panic mode or something?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Japan just isn't very good. The first goal was well worked but the 2nd I doubt that Jap player could do it again in 100 tries. I'd be more concerned for Belgium in that they didn't create much until Vertonghen's goal and Witsel is not Fernandinho for De Bruyne.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
mrxzt5i9vl711.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really expected Japan to get thrashed and instead that might have been the best game of the entire World Cup so far
and I've already see three "best games of the entire world cup", first Spain Portugal, then Argentina France and now this one.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's final, Joachim Löw will remain coach of the German team. The worst result for the team, ever, and he just carries on.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reverse jinx attempt: if it goes to a shoot out, as customary, Switzerland will lose.

I picked Switzerland to win in my tippspiel so that will counter your reverse jinx and once again curse Switzerland!

• 1Worf

Utne

Molten Core Raider
I hate sweden as much as the next Dane, but I'll be damned if their defensive discipline and organization on the pitch isn't top class. Pains me to say it, but it's the best I've seen at the world cup so far.

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Exciting stuff! Now that was a Neymar like performance Clersson? #17 for Sweden: after being machine gunned down, he got 3-4 rotations in his dive!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's final, Joachim Löw will remain coach of the German team. The worst result for the team, ever, and he just carries on.

Any idea as to who is keeping him in his spot?

I don't think Germany faced very strong opponents, and even if they had, they should have been able to field a composition that can get past the 1st round .. I've always liked the German team, it used to play consistent, high quality low flair soccer.

"the game lasts 90 minutes and at the end the Germans win Löw fucks it up"

Pretty sad about that, so much it negates any kind of schadenfreude.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
As an England fan, i'm shitting bricks we will lose hahahah....Goes with the territory. Hopefully it will be a decent game.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Was that the worst game of the tournament so far? Seems like it and shows why England was better off in the 2nd position of their group. If the Swiss defender didn't deflect that shot into the goal I don't think anybody would have ever scored.