SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

I don't know how PoP was my favorite expansion because when I think back to the misery it put me through, I don't understand how I just didn't break things or just quit playing all together. Somehow or another, we had a blast through the whole thing.
Might be the same reason Naxxaramus was a pretty fun in WoW. The progression through each of the elements/wings and the fact that each boss fight was pretty different made the game pretty fun. Keying up wasn't all too fun in the expansions after that... seemed like people got sick of people leaving and then having to redo keys for new people.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't really know her. Good thing or bad thing?
I worked with her on EQ1 for a few years. She was always one of the better designers on the team. I think her being in charge of EQ/EQ2 is a good thing for both games. Also, I think Caraker(Prathun) is now the Lead on EQ1 if he escaped the layoffs. He is another great designer who should have that team being pretty solid.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Sounds like a winner. We need to get her posting here
rrr_img_90471.jpg

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Holly is good people they should put her in EQNext IMO.

I mean she is Holly Windstalker the same bitch that would kill you in Qeynos Hills for attacking bears in your newbie char.

Anyone who wants their NPC to be a notorious griefer is good in my book.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
One person now in charge of two things...is that ever good?

I wonder if this is "please keep these games afloat while we decide what to dump"?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
oh man hahahaha this picture wants me to quit MMOs and throw my computer away
Not to bring up any political stances but remember when SNL and everyone was making fun of Bush endorsing McCain and how it was political "kiss of death"? Well... this is about the same thing.

If I was Holly I would distance myself from Georgeson as much as possible and make some changes as quick as possible just to make a statement that things are going to be different.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ice. Flex you give any more shits about EQN now that him and Dave are out? Pretty confident it was Butler forcing his shit vision.
Well, it all depends on the emphasis Daybreak intends on putting on the franchise. If PS2 was a primary point of interest for acquiring SoE then I'm sure EQN was as well. It will take them 12-24 months of untangling everything post acquisition to get the wheels in motion again, including time for Daybreak to recalibrate what their Vision(tm) for the game even is at this point (given that Georgeson and Butler apparently had a monopoly on what the direction EQN was to take) so I'll have to answer with a noncommittal maybe. I think they're in too deep to change the current design direction in any substantive fashion, much less reboot it for the fourth time. The cancer that is the Butler/Georgeson legacy on EQN is inoperable.

Voxels, digging, and building don't do a lot for me, the current art direction, class design, etc do equally little. Personally I just want Crowfall set in Norrath, but I'd add my voice to the many here who opine for a re skinned EQ1 = EQ3 which we both know won't happen. So, I guess "Ask me after SoE live 2017".

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Trust me, I'm right there with you on EQ3. I'm generally more lenient and willing to see an idea out, but I've cursed the voxel move since day one. I've yet to see the justification for completely destroying the amazing looking world from before to what it is now, delaying the project by however many years. I'll get over that if the vision alters enough to not run in complete bitch mode and they dump all that DoS nonsense, which I'm assuming will happen.

Also, bring back trolls and remove those fucking dark elf horns.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sent her link to rerolled. Maybe the people in the eq/eq2 sections can work with her on some positive changes. I wouldn't even know the issues anymore. Eq sounds unrecognizable

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Trust me, I'm right there with you on EQ3. I'm generally more lenient and willing to see an idea out, but I've cursed the voxel move since day one. I've yet to see the justification for completely destroying the amazing looking world from before to what it is now, delaying the project by however many years. I'll get over that if the vision alters enough to not run in complete bitch mode and they dump all that DoS nonsense, which I'm assuming will happen.

Also, bring back trolls and remove those fucking dark elf horns.
EQNext is a fundamental misunderstanding of their MMORPG playerbase. In terms of tech improvements, MMO players just wanted more dynamic mobs, perhaps a bit better interactivity with the environment then current MMOs allow (say the ability for a rogue to climb a wall to break into a castle) and of course more appealing graphics then EQ or EQII.

Nobody was asking for EQcraft the MMO for the very simple reason that when we thought about it for more than a vodka-fueled weekend that EQcraft the MMORPG wouldn't work very wall on the scale of an MMO. It's like the old American Folk Song: How Many Giant Dongs Must be Built in a Game Before You Can Call it a Day?

With respect to the first or second vision of EQ3 I believe there is a Smed or Butler interview where they admit it was basically EQI with better graphics, which though not my ideal game, would have been much better than the current mess and would either be in beta or full on operational now.

rrr_img_90475.png