SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Someone convince Smed to make a classic EQ Kickstarter. Sony isn't preventing that any more. Bring the mozza sticks if necessary.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone convince Smed to make a classic EQ Kickstarter. Sony isn't preventing that any more. Bring the mozza sticks if necessary.
Smeds only chance or making money soon is if he negotiated the right to make eq3 into his severance package

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You guys still don't get it: Smed is the bad guy. He's the main reason EQ and SOE were crapfests at the end.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not entirely conviced Smed is the reason behind none of the Directors of Development actually knowing what was being developed at a given time on anything other than a very high level.

Terry was literally having to walk Dave through features of HIS game on camera my man... That's not Smeds doing. Likely one of the primary reasons Dave got cut.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Who thinks we're more likely to be playing Pantheon in some terrible broken state before we're able to play EQ:N in some terrible broken state?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm not entirely conviced Smed is the reason behind none of the Directors of Development actually knowing what was being developed at a given time on anything other than a very high level.
I'm not entirely convinced you know what you're talking about: Smed hired and promoted those people. Smed approved their budgets. Smed has been running SOE into the ground since 2003.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Who thinks we're more likely to be playing Pantheon in some terrible broken state before we're able to play EQ:N in some terrible broken state?
I think that's the consensus at this point: followup question will either survive past Alpha?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Once again, Brad McQuaid is our only hope. The accumulated filth of all our instances and color coded loot will foam up about our waists and we'll look up and shout "Save us!" and he'll look down and whisper, "This is gonna rock!".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Once again, Brad McQuaid is our only hope. The accumulated filth of all our instances and color coded loot will foam up about our waists and we'll look up and shout "Save us!" and he'll look down and whisper, "This is gonna rock!".
And the skies will rain purple with the tears of Sparkle the Grimmace as a plague of Fuzzy Trolls washes the streets of impurities. Sons will be cast aside as Rerolled Skeletons IS ARROWS out of their graves and take up community manager positions. The outcast lepers will take refuge in the Zynga Arkville.

So it was said in the writings of John Smedley 3/16th satellite management.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
You guys still don't get it: Smed is the bad guy. He's the main reason EQ and SOE were crapfests at the end.
No man, I'm following your logic with this one. If he's that easily convinced to blow up his game, it can be done again. We just have to bring forth the right number of fried cheese.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Wow, what a super unprofessional thing to tack on to the end of a statement. Who the fuck is going to work for/with them when they do things like that?!

ixian_sl

shitlord
Considering a lot of the things people on these forums liked about EQ1 would be considered "broken," maybe that's not such a bad thing. :p

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, what a super unprofessional thing to tack on to the end of a statement. Who the fuck is going to work for/with them when they do things like that?!
They are out of games. Already have a new gig lined up. I think the greater point is what took place and just how fucked Daybreak is. Smed is incompetent. Not sure how anyone can even argue that at this point?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Kinda wish someone had a time masheen to go back and whack him on the head before he messed Vanguard up. Of all the games ever made that I really wanted to work, that was it.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I dunno, the latest Pantheon round-table was talking about color coding gear (although later comments say that's probably a no-go) and locked group-size encounters (which I'm not sure how you do without instances).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The one idea was to just scale the content with adds. I think that's fair..if a mob calls on guards if too many people show up. It even changes the dynamic of the fight a bit. The question is can they build a system like that?

Bruman

Golden Squire
The one idea was to just scale the content with adds. I think that's fair..if a mob calls on guards if too many people show up. It even changes the dynamic of the fight a bit. The question is can they build a system like that?
Well, again, I don't see it working without instances. Else Guild B just trolls your Uber God Kill attempt by all logging into the zone.

Hot damn that'd be amazing. I'd never play it, I'm too old to put with that shit, but it'd be some great forum drama!

Bruman

Golden Squire
Also, ever since you said this, I've had this mental image:

RBERrln.png