SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why does he look like he's on drugs during that talk?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
EQ Mobile?

Daybreak announces new investment, new H1Z1 and EverQuest mobile titles, and a new esports arena
NantWorks has obtained a controlling interest in a new joint venture with Daybreak, NantG Mobile, LLC, which has been formed to develop and publish mobile versions of Daybreak’s current games – H1Z1 and EverQuest – and to build and publish video games across all platforms.

I was going to ask if anyone had heard of NantWorks before, their website looks almost as old as EQ, NantWorks

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
EQ Mobile?

Daybreak announces new investment, new H1Z1 and EverQuest mobile titles, and a new esports arena
NantWorks has obtained a controlling interest in a new joint venture with Daybreak, NantG Mobile, LLC, which has been formed to develop and publish mobile versions of Daybreak’s current games – H1Z1 and EverQuest – and to build and publish video games across all platforms.

I was going to ask if anyone had heard of NantWorks before, their website looks almost as old as EQ, NantWorks

tyen tyen you got something to tell us bro?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Cybsled

My prophecy coming to fruition

Remember that case from forever ago where some guy was seeing EQ characters IRL and his mother was blaming the game or whatever? I wonder if he saw stuff like that augmented reality demo

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
For the effort daybreak put into those titles it's really amazing there are still 100k people "officially" playing EQ1 and 2

EverQuest is bigger than EverQuest II. The EverQuest IP claims around a billion dollars in lifetime bookings, with $11.5M for EverQuest and $6.5M for EverQuest II (bookings) in the last year. Folks, EG7 straight-up gives members and MAUs: 66,000 subbers and 82K total monthly actives in EQ1, but 21,000 subbers and 29,000 monthly actives in the sequel. Yes, classic EverQuest is bigger than EQII, and most of its players do subscribe.

How many peeps has P99, anyone know?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For the effort daybreak put into those titles it's really amazing there are still 100k people "officially" playing EQ1 and 2

EQEmu itself has 250,575 accounts. Not sure of loginserver totals, or any sort of MAU/DAU/Retention metrics, but it's well above 100,000 accounts total in the database.

As of March 2008, EQEmulator had 106,286 Loginserver accounts created. There is a total of 3 accounts per forum account on EQEmulator currently. In 2006, that limit for loginserver accounts per forum account was 1 per forum account. 91367 accounts were present as of 2008-ish.

Recently created accounts are well over 475,000 - the highest loginserver account ID in Rise of Zek is 475273.

For those who aren't versed in emulator fuckery, the worldserver never actually gets your password - only your login name and login ID. So when you're hosting your own EQEmulator server on the public LS, you don't really have a way to track those kinds of metrics. Only person who has those metrics is Rogean, or you could do your own self-investigation by registering a throwaway account and creating another loginserver account.

P99 and EQEmulator use the same loginserver database, btw.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Pretty common on EQ live for players to box entire groups, so the number of actual players is probably significantly lower

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wonder if the new company will shut down the emulators.

vladimir putin lol GIF

• 1Worf

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Uh wtf, so I actually gave money on accident to Daybreak by spending cash on DDO in 2017? Gross.

• 1Worf

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Remember that case from forever ago where some guy was seeing EQ characters IRL and his mother was blaming the game or whatever? I wonder if he saw stuff like that augmented reality demo

It seems like with the popularity of the Pokemon app several years ago there legit could be a market for something like this. Group finder would be for your GPS area and you play a class, find others to group up and kill things. Bosses would obviously need more. The only real challenge is I'm pretty sure I would never want to meet half of those people IRL. That and you have to go outside and walk and stuff.

• 1Worf