SOE Live - Almost Live Thread

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm attending SOE Live. This thread is mostly for SOE Live questions about EQN. I'll be attending most but not all of the panels (probably skipping the early one on Saturday), hopefully there will be others from rerolled also attending. If you're going post here or send me a PM with your badge name and we can all meet-up at the Pool Party for drinks to either mourn or celebrate.

Please limit questions to those that are unlikely to be answered by the reveal. I'll try to ask as many of the submitted questions as I can during and after the reveal and various sessions I'm planning on attending.

Good example of such a question is Dr. Neir's "Will there be Vendor Diving?" I doubt very much this will come up in the reveal. A bad question would be: "What classes are in EQN?" As this will certainly be covered by the reveal and at the Classes of EQN panel. Grey area questions like "Will the Lake of Ill Omen be in at release" are fine - who knows if it will or won't be covered in some panel (probably in the World of EQN panel - but maybe not).

Given that there will be lots of demand on dev time, and I may only have limited chances to ask, I'm fine with multiple people wanting the same question asked, the more people who want a question asked the higher I'll rank it.

Hopefully, there will be little interest in this thread beyond a few questions as I dislike being helpful - in any event this is not a substitute or replacement for the EQNext thread so as a non-Mod I'll politely ask that you just ask questions here and leave any commentary on any asked questions for the EQNext thread :) If there end up being a 1,000+ questions I'll just arbitrarily cut off the last 975 or so, again depending on how much time I get to ask questions of the dev.

Cheers

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Question List

1. Is Vendor Diving in the Game
2. Non-dyeable items (if dyes in game)
3. How is corpse looting handled?
4. Are there rechargeable items in game?
5. How are procs limited for player crafted items?
6. Can I attack NPCs
7. Will EQN copy WoW's iLevels (Tiered Loot)/Is itemization intereseting? x 2
8. If the world is destructible, how is griefing limited?
9. Who can rez, and how often?
10. Who's the Vision (tm) maker for EQN? Butler? Someone else?
11. Will EQN have EQ1-like Epics?
12. Will there be EQ1-like utility Abilities?
13. Will Wizards have Manaburn
14. Is Feign Death useful (for mob splitting)? x 2
15. Are mobs linked like WoW or individual aggro range like EQ1?
16. Will mobs train like in EQ1?
17. High level mobs in low level areas?
18. Will there be UI customization and tweaks for PC? Given it is releasing for PS4?

Probably covered but I'll list them here JIC
1. Death Penalty x 2
2. Instancing/Non-instancing
3. KOS Factions
4. Ogre models.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Do you think they will cover dyes in detail? I would be interested in knowing

- If dyes are in the game, are there also items which are not dyable?

Also want to know about the death penalty, or if there even is one, but that might be covered in the panels as well considering how it is one of the features that really set EQ apart from mmos that came after it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looking for details on instanced and non-instanced. I'm assuming they'll offer both but i'm concerned how instancing (if exists) meshes with a sandbox game.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Will recharging of items with finite charges be in game (If such items are in game)?

What will be the limitations on the effects/procs of weapons and armor submitted as UGC be? What will prevent someone from creating the "PeeVeePee Long Sword of Blind, Snare, Stun n' Spin"?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Will I be able to generally attack any NPC (well, most, exceptions are ok) and suffer the consequences?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Will you model ogres after some of your attendees or will they look stupid again?

I'm wondering if loot will be tiered and everything in the same tier be designed to have exactly the same "value" in an equation, or if all of the loot will feel individually created.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is this going to cover EQ and EQ2 announcements as well?

Scyfi

N00b
With a world in which you can destroy things, what are their plans to limit griefing. As we all know EQ was the pinnacle of griefing.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Tad, please try and get as good of a grasp on the death system as you can, including penalties, resolutions (corpse run/res/who can res and when and how often)

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Will you model ogres after some of your attendees or will they look stupid again?
Ogres have been modeled after the asian guy from lethal weapon.

rrr_img_38197.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will there be epics like EQ?

And will classes have more Utility type abilities like EQ?

Will Wizards have Manaburn!?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The most critical issue involving the game:

feign death

Is it in game? If so, does it work like EQ1's awesome version or is it useless crap like in EQ2.

edit: this ties into mkopec's question below

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Will there be pulling in the game?

In other words will there be some stupid "linking" between mobs that wow and eq2 had? Or will mobs each have their own individual aggro range without being linked to other mobs around them?