Soft (2023)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Soft (2023)

Genre: Drama

Director: Joseph Amenta

Cast: Matteus Lunot, Zion Matheson, Harlow Joy, Miyoko Anderson, Trevor Hayes, Krista Morin, David Lafontaine, Matt Willis, Joy Castro, Sochi Fried, Nick Boegel, Jordan Shore, Peter Bou-Ghannam, Karl Campbell, Sofonda Cox, Kiley May, Monique Jasmine Paul, Seher Khot

Release: 2023-04-07

Runtime: 87

Plot: Three adolescent boys become captivated by the queer nightlife over summer break, but a missing person pulls them back into the reality they tried to leave behind.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Why is this the URL?
1699504861575.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
FEATURED REVIEW
9/10
A New Wave of Queer Cinema
I saw this film at TIFF and can't get it out of my mind.

First off, I have not seen a film like this before. Without getting too deep into plot, it's a coming-of-age story that explores the lives of three queer kids and their trans mother figure in today's Toronto of haves and have-nots. The subject matter here could be extremely controversial, as it deals with child sexuality, but the way it's handled is nuanced and sophisticated. What the film says about male relationships and vulnerability might be one of the more revolutionary pieces of commentary on contemporary masculinity that I have seen today. Technically speaking, the cinematography, acting and sound are all superb. While the movie is light on story, approaching it as a point of entry into queer lives and as a tone piece makes it a rewarding watch. Definitely recommend seeing this film when you have the opportunity.

For comparables, think: Livingston's "Paris Is Burning" or Korine's "Kids" or some strange lovechild of the two

Found this channel called "Fandor" on Amazon prime that has all sorts of ridiculous shit on it.

1699505083378.png

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database