Soloable board/Card games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's a pretty stellar endorsement, Hateyou Hateyou . I never pulled the trigger on Mage Knight but I've always wanted to.

I’m glad I did, after putting it off for years. I’m happy they did a collectors edition to get it all in one purchase. It’s one of those games that seems overwhelming and is very complex but once you start playing it all just clicks and flows great and you’re just wowed at how someone designed it and pulled it off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have played Mage Knight it is OK, can’t say it is my favorite but I wouldn’t turn down a two player game.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got this in the mail yesterday, looks like it could be a pretty solid solo game. Deckbox Dungeons

View attachment 209869

Played this with the kids today and we won the first scenario without any deaths. We got lucky and got a rune that negated the boss's regen most rounds a couple rooms before stumbling into the boss chamber. Youngest didn't seem to understand that since she picked the tank with the sword and shield that she would be in the front taking all the hits which was funny to watch her squirm on the boss spawn plus adds added every round until we occupied the portal. This is going to be a great travel game thanks to the size.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Received Unbroken yesterday and got a game in today. It’s really well done, aesthetically and mechanics. It’s basically a bunch of resource management and making decisions each round on what resources you think you need to upgrade weapons and survive the monster battle rounds.

This will be my go to travel game for sure, it all fits in a nice compact box and has a very quick setup and breakdown.

A137B426-9782-4418-B699-C3B4A7D451CF.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Received Unbroken yesterday and got a game in today. It’s really well done, aesthetically and mechanics. It’s basically a bunch of resource management and making decisions each round on what resources you think you need to upgrade weapons and survive the monster battle rounds.

This will be my go to travel game for sure, it all fits in a nice compact box and has a very quick setup and breakdown.

View attachment 214474

Looks good. Hoping some day my copy shows up but I'm doubtful. No tracking label created plus the psychotic break by the fulfillment people makes it seem unlikely.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Received an email from Golden Bell Studios asking for more money ($35) to cover the cost of shipping due to the project running at a considerable loss, which we all knew. I responded with asking for shipping confirmation on my order to which they responded with "at the end of the month". So we'll see!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would have gave them $10 or something if they wouldn’t have went psycho and started doxxing people. I’ll never do another Kickstarter that Golden Bell is attached to again.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I checked the latest comments and GBS are now threatening a guy that got two copies who refuses to send it back with small claims court. This might be the worst PR a small company has ever done. Them or that disabled joystick company with that at the gym or something line that turned into a meme.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I checked the latest comments and GBS are now threatening a guy that got two copies who refuses to send it back with small claims court. This might be the worst PR a small company has ever done. Them or that disabled joystick company with that at the gym or something line that turned into a meme.

GBS comments are so cringy. How can someone that obliviously stupid run a successful company?