Some Actions Act as Though Mouse Wheel is Being Scrolled?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This particular issue is so specific and long-winded that I can't find anything on Google. I've updated my drivers and updated all applications where I've discovered the issue.

I discovered this when using VLC. My volume will automatically go down in even increments until it hits 0%. Just like if I was scrolling my mouse wheel. If I hover over the "progress" scroll bar, the video will be rewinded in the same manner but the volume stays constant. This also happens in other situations where the mouse wheel could affect certain actions. Like my master computer volume control (goes down in increments until it hits 0. Or some dropdown menus on websites where it will automatically scroll through the list until the last item is selected.

Not sure if this is also related, but some dropdown menus from the toolbar will also not stay active on one click now. I now have to hold down the mouse button to keep the menu active and when I let go of the mouse button, whatever I was hovering over is selected.

This doesn't seem to effect most things though. I didn't even notice it until yesterday evening and I have no idea what I could have done different to make this happen. Any ideas? I'm using Windows 7.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I assumed that couldn't have possibly been it. This mouse is like...five months old. But yep. It's the mouse. Never buying a shitty wireless mouse ever again. Weird, it wasn't doing that for anything except controls with sliders or dropdown menus.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what mouse is it? if it's a pos china mouse...

i'd recommend any logitech nano (with the receiver not bluetooth) i've bought like 5 over 10 years, only cuz my wife misplaces hers, but it works everytime. (eventually i find them and they are used for our htpcs)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's an Anker mouse. I had never bought a wireless mouse before because I hate the battery aspect.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Amazon.com: logitech nano

buy any logitech nano branded mouse. nano refer's to the tiny usb receiver that you put in. it is strong and durable. my wife treats electronics horribly, the receiver is always in the laptop (usb) she never takes it off, she's smashed it on it's side and still goes strong, in fact i don't think anything can really destroy this nano receiver.

also battery life is like 1 or 2 years, of heavy 8-10hour work days on 1 AA battery. ok maybe 2 years is stretching it, but at least 6months.

plus you never really have to bother to turn it off, it does save power if you do, but if you just throw in the bag, no big deal.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Don't blame the wireless, blame yourself for buying something from a knockoff tech company. Looks like they just rip off Microsoft/Razer/LG mice.