Song of Conquest

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Heroes of Might and Magic III is easily one of my favorite games as a child. I absolutely loved that game. That said, old Sseth brought this to my attention so I will probably be playing it here sooner or later. He is right, it is quite beautifully done.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod save me from myself. I haven't had coffee yet this is in the wrong location.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Amod Amod save me from myself. I haven't had coffee yet this is in the wrong location.

Tired Good Morning GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I put in a solid 8 hours to this.

If Heroes of Might and Magic III or the older versions were ever your thing. You need this.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Derp, clicked on the steam link and scrolled right past the video. Shits in EA, so haven't played it yet, and will try to wait...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The reviews cover it but yeah this is pretty much homm3 with minor differences. I've been enjoying it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Game looks great, but I'll wait for it to leave EA. One because I think EA is bullshit when it's priced even a cent over $10, but also because I've heard complaints about the length of this. Roughly $25 for a HoMM3 remaster is something I'll wait for a mid-week madness sale for or something.

Caliane

I took the bait with the 30% off on gog via sseth.

The first campaign is great. short though 4 missions. not sure if EA will expand. I would assume so..
difficulty ramps up in second one, and skirmish. I need more time to really recommend.

the overly detailed sprites are rough at first. you get used to them in play though.

the spell system is fairly interesting, with units giving mana types on their turn. I dont love most of the actual spells though. and ranking up tiers is an odd process. magic seems like it might be a bit of a "win more". where is garbage, unless you are already winning, then, its OP..
Along a similar route, It feels like you need to win every early battle with no losses. any losses puts you into an insurmountable deficit.

I don't love the various factions much, or think they are really varied enough. only like knights/fey really.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I took the bait with the 30% off on gog via sseth.

The first campaign is great. short though 4 missions. not sure if EA will expand. I would assume so..
difficulty ramps up in second one, and skirmish. I need more time to really recommend.

the overly detailed sprites are rough at first. you get used to them in play though.

the spell system is fairly interesting, with units giving mana types on their turn. I dont love most of the actual spells though. and ranking up tiers is an odd process. magic seems like it might be a bit of a "win more". where is garbage, unless you are already winning, then, its OP..
Along a similar route, It feels like you need to win every early battle with no losses. any losses puts you into an insurmountable deficit.

I don't love the various factions much, or think they are really varied enough. only like knights/fey really.

the spell system is both a cool idea and needs a ton of work

games pretty good though

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like the Rana because they're frogloks. Still need to try out the other three races though.

Having a working online system seems interesting. Because the turn based nature means that these games would take a long ass time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the Rana because they're frogloks. Still need to try out the other three races though.

Having a working online system seems interesting. Because the turn based nature means that these games would take a long ass time.
Eh, as long as turns are simultaneous it'd be fine. I play Civ 6 with friends often and it's fine.

Caliane

May 20th.

I hadn't touched this in years. but, one of the streamers I watch was playing heroes of mm 1-4. and that got me curious.
so I checked it out a few months ago again.

It seemed pretty solid.... but, I found I just don't enjoy this kind of game anymore.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
May 20th.

I hadn't touched this in years. but, one of the streamers I watch was playing heroes of mm 1-4. and that got me curious.
so I checked it out a few months ago again.

It seemed pretty solid.... but, I found I just don't enjoy this kind of game anymore.
Oops, brain fart on typing out that release date.

As for HOMM clones/adjacent games, it can kinda be more of the same'ol same'ol, but I usually get enough play time out of these types of games. I did run into a bit of burnout with King's Bounty Crossworld, where I lost interest about half way through, even though I have finished all the other King's Bounty games.

I somewhat recently tried Hero's Hour which is a HOMM like overmap, but with autobattler combat. It was a decent little game with a few new things to keep it a bit fresher.

• 1Like