Song of the year '13

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
YT comments: "who is the old guy?"

Sigh. Only one of the greatest producers in hip hop, country, and heavy metal. That's all.

Rimmies Justled
To be fair, how many people would really recognize him? The name maybe, but to anyone who isn't into music beyond 'listening for entertainment', for lack of a better term, isn't going really going to be exposed to those type of people.

After looking him up, I recognized the name, but wouldn't have been able to place it.

He does have a pretty impressive resume.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit. That song I linked in the first post is up to 30.7 million views already. And it's only been online for just under 2 weeks. This thing is crushing. SONG OF THE YEAR!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played that shit at my wedding and people went craycray. Not as cray as when we played Journey... but you know how that goes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be fair, how many people would really recognize him? The name maybe, but to anyone who isn't into music beyond 'listening for entertainment', for lack of a better term, isn't going really going to be exposed to those type of people.

After looking him up, I recognized the name, but wouldn't have been able to place it.

He does have a pretty impressive resume.
Really? That's sad. I actually didn't watch the video and saw the comments and knew it was Rick Rubin, just by saying beard. Maybe it's cause I grew up in the 80's and 90's though, but he was in all kinds of fucking videos back in the day.

But yeah, I could see anyone younger than maybe 25 not having any clue who he is.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The Fox song is not funny
This times infinity. Fuck. The worst part is that I've seen it on CNN and every other big news site the last week, trying to shove it down our throats and forcing it into some phenomena. That makes it even less funny. "IS THIS THE NEXT GAGNAM STYLE?!" was the retarded CNN headline for 3 days straight.

As for my actual song of 2013, it's probably Queens of the Stone Age - Smooth Sailing. It never gets skipped when it comes up on my playlist. I'm probably biased though, since I've been listening the shit out of this album the last couple of months.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's definitely the fault of the media, but the fox song is up to 46 million views now. Crazy.

Anyway, there's another song that I didn't even really like the first time I heard it, but it's been stuck in my head ever since.
It's some 16 year old girl, Lorde. She has 2 songs that are out right now. It's the Tennis Court one that constantly invades my head. Well, the "Yeah..." hook.

If you care, this is her other hit.

She has a great voice, but it's a different style than every other female vocalist this generation.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's been around 2 weeks since I last posted about the Fox song. It's up to 65 million views now. It just doesn't stop. WTF?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did you get in on the google Youtube trend? Someone I showed this video to early on linked this to me.

Jxe3UiX.png

I'm pretty sure that I first saw this song with under 10k total views. Not that it means anything, but I feel special none the less.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't think it's funny either. But it's damn catchy. We play it pretty much every night for our 2 year old daughter. She fucking loves it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Did you get in on the google Youtube trend? Someone I showed this video to early on linked this to me.

I'm pretty sure that I first saw this song with under 10k total views. Not that it means anything, but I feel special none the less.
Are you hipstering a video with a man dressed like a fox? Really?