Sonic the Hedgehog (2019)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess it depends on what you expect or are looking for in these movies, I also thought detective pikachu was good, entertaining, Reynolds was funny and again they didn't take themselves seriously, for perspective on the other hand I thought the new tomb raider was pretty boring and tried way to hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Saw it and it is a great kids movie, with a few crumbs for adults. Nothing overly terrible about it, Jim Carey is fine and yes he hams it up a bit, but again it is a movie for kids. They definitely did everything but announce a sequel, so I would expect Sonic 2 by 2022 or sooner. My adult rating is Tolerable out of 5 Stars, for kids it is 4 out of 5 Stars.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I grew up on Sonic, so my inner eight-year-old demanded I see this. And yeah, this was actually fun. Surprisingly fun, considering the fucking horrific Sonic they were going with before the reaction forced them back to the drawing board; I wouldn't have expected enough good decisions to have come out of this group to produce a good movie. It is definitely a kid's movie, but not to the point where you can't enjoy it as an adult.

If you had gone up to me when the first trailer came out and told me that I would actually be looking forward to the sequel, I would've called you nuts, but here we are.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything I heard about it was terrible.
Detective pikachu was fine. Im glad Sonic is doing good since the studio actually listended to fans/critics which is unheard of.

The Sonic feet furries have some weight in Hollywood I guess

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are some very angry Sjw's upset that this is doing well while birds of prey tanked, especially since "entitled" fans got them to fix Sonic.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TBH I couldn't give a fuck less about Sonic. But beating Birds Of Prey at box office I could even give a fuck less about.

Wife has zero interest in either. BOP fucking failed at marketing.... Changing the name of the movie is cringe as hell ….

Homsar

I'm going to steal my friends kids and watch this shit if it's rustling jimmies

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
There are some very angry Sjw's upset that this is doing well while birds of prey tanked, especially since "entitled" fans got them to fix Sonic.
Those same types are always angry. The movie is just the latest excuse they are suing to be absolute cunts.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I won't ever see this, I can't stand Jim Carey, I am however pleasantly surprised it is not a steaming sack of moldy shit. I really expected it to be complete and utter garbage on the same tier as Pixels, I am genuinely impressed it is not.

• 4Like
  • 2Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I won't ever see this, I can't stand Jim Carey, I am however pleasantly surprised it is not a steaming sack of moldy shit. I really expected it to be complete and utter garbage on the same tier as Pixels, I am genuinely impressed it is not.
Just got off the phone with Jim and let me tell you, he is just devastated to hear how you feel about him. Seriously he might lose some sleep over this.

• 7Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 10 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also not a fan of Carey but he was tolerable in this and though he probably had quite a bit of screen time it didn't seem like he was in it much so it was easy to forget him and enjoy Marsden and sonic.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's hard to hate Carey since he was in that.. movie? Called The Bad Batch. Zero idea it was him the entire time until I saw the credits and went "wtf you have got to be fucking kidding me." And nope, he was in it along with Neo. Strange times, but he has garnered some mild praise from me for just being in some weird shit outside of his "blockbusters."

I kind of disliked Sonic for the most part as a kid; I think I was brought up hardcore Nintendo which made me partisan at a young age. Might see this though at some point on Netflix/etc tho!

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's hard to hate Carey since he was in that.. movie? Called The Bad Batch. Zero idea it was him the entire time until I saw the credits and went "wtf you have got to be fucking kidding me." And nope, he was in it along with Neo. Strange times, but he has garnered some mild praise from me for just being in some weird shit outside of his "blockbusters."

I kind of disliked Sonic for the most part as a kid; I think I was brought up hardcore Nintendo which made me partisan at a young age. Might see this though at some point on Netflix/etc tho!
i grew up with Atari 2600 and some Nintendo. Nintendo was leaps and bounds better than Atari, but i was already 16 by the time i got an NES. i got a Sega Genesis a few years later and liked Sonic as much as Mario or Link or Thad Beaumont, or Samus or Mega Man. when i got the Sony PS i thought Crash Bandicoot was a ripoff of Sonic, but i didnt hate Crash, i just played the game and had fun. Sonic should be fun, and i will probably end up watching this before i ever toss Harley Quinn or Star Wars 9 a looksee.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it passed Det Pikachu as top opening vidya game movie of all time.
70 million domestic. 100+ mil globally

Gator

Molten Core Raider
My kids loved it although my 4 year old didn't like Dr. Robotik since he tried to hurt Sonic lol. It's definitely a kids movie but tolerable as an adult. I think Detective Pikachu is better.
I would be lying if I said I didn't get excited when I saw Tails.

Last edited:

Homsar

I would be lying if I said I didn't get excited when I saw Tails.
Fucking spoiler that shit

Modedit: Added inline spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users