Sons of the Forest

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This is my first survival game since minecraft which I played before Microsoft bought it. Beat it on in-game day 11. It's really short if you are into exploring but not so much building.
Started building a cabin and some dude with a club got stuck in it when I was about half done, he swung once, and the whole thing exploded. Gave up on building after that.

I really enjoyed the game, even though it ran like shit on my computer, and look forward to playing it again when they add more stuff. 7/10

Not sure what to try next, either Valheim, Green Hell, or maybe a spooky game. Hot damn I miss when Silent Hill was good and existed.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is my first survival game since minecraft which I played before Microsoft bought it. Beat it on in-game day 11. It's really short if you are into exploring but not so much building.
Started building a cabin and some dude with a club got stuck in it when I was about half done, he swung once, and the whole thing exploded. Gave up on building after that.

I really enjoyed the game, even though it ran like shit on my computer, and look forward to playing it again when they add more stuff. 7/10

Not sure what to try next, either Valheim, Green Hell, or maybe a spooky game. Hot damn I miss when Silent Hill was good and existed.

if you like crafting survival games I have to suggest 7 Days to Die.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
if you like crafting survival games I have to suggest 7 Days to Die.
Yup and like me if you played it back in 2013 and basically never touched it again you will think it is a completely different game. It is still in early access and they are still updating it on the regular.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yup and like me if you played it back in 2013 and basically never touched it again you will think it is a completely different game. It is still in early access and they are still updating it on the regular.
Once you know the base game it is way worth it to try the overhaul mods. Like Darkness Falls, Undead Legacy, War of the Walkers, and a new one I am looking to try soon Rebirth.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah seconded on 7 days to die. That game is fun with friends (Like all are) but that is one game when playing I was like shit, it's Sunday night already?

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Been playing a lot of 7DTD and some of the mods out there really improve the experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

The Forest maybe?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You mean they are still regularly overhauling the entire game and practically redesigning it from scratch on the regular. Game will still be in alpha in 3023.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You mean they are still regularly overhauling the entire game and practically redesigning it from scratch on the regular. Game will still be in alpha in 3023.
It is going into Alpha 21. Lol. The base game is very playable, but overhaul mods really flesh out the game in different ways.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Only try Green Hell if you hate yourself.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
$30? Eh. I guess we'll see whether it will turn out to be a good investment. Lots of imbalanced and/or annoying shit.

- Fish traps don't work.
- Meat takes forever to dry and then just fucking disappears too quickly after drying.
- Limited to carrying 3 fish. Not even enough to fill up a single drying rack.
- Sleeping/Tired mechanic broken. Sometimes stuck it zero rest after sleeping. Depletes too quickly.
- No way to lock doors (animals and natives just walk through them).
- Slow panning on inventory management is annoying.
- Too easy to randomly destroy whole bases.
- Bow aiming is fucky. Head shots on natives are devastating but you're better off just trying to chase down animals and club them.
- Finally, the big one: No reason to build as far as I can tell. Just build a simple shelter for sleeping.

The game looks good but it's janky. Lots of work to do.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes the point of the game is to fuck around and waste time with friends.

3 of us have been having a lot of fun. Not a huge amount of bugs, and the wonkyness makes it interesting at times.

We made a huge zipline network to the top of the mountain, and have ridiculous sledding races downhill. After spending far too long walking logs up to make checkpoints, one of us accidentally found out you can SEND LOGS UP A ZIPLINE. Like, why is that even in game; but hey I'm glad it is.

It's fun, the caves are done decent and have some lore to it if you pay attention. Easily worth $30, but only if you plan on playing with friends.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My son and I finished the game this weekend. It was a total blast. Took about 17 hours but a fair amount of that time was spent building a completely worthless base that we did just for fun.

Apart from the initial 30 minutes or so the game never seemed scary or unnerving. We found a gun right away, completely by accident, and the rest of the time was spent hilariously murdering cannibal villages and shooting mutants in the head. We were the apex predators on the island and I felt sorry for those poor gunpowder-less bastards. Resources were never scarce and we just went through the game butchering everything. It was quite a different experience than The Forest but a lot of fun.

Absolute recommend if you are going to play with a friend or two. Hilarious shenanigans await. 10/10 my favorite game so far this year, with HP a surprising second.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
image0.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
G/f and I have been playing it. Ive been intentionally making the media room dark as shit so that we get jump scared every so often. She hates it and loves it, and wants to play it all the time now.

Ive noticed its getting pretty constant updates like every week or every other week and each one is substantial. Couple tips from the game so far is to always wear max armor, even if its just leaf armor. Also, walls - spike them or theyre useless.

Overall, we've had fun with it. Probably get a good 30-60 hours out of it if you're playing with a friend.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The real fun is in multiplayer. We built a well lit zipline system from our main base, up through the moutains, across rivers and smaller lakes to the other side of the island. Stupid fun is still fun :p

• 1Like