SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Were they even prepared for this? All of their game sites have the SOE logo still
It's pretty much exactly how I'd expect SOE to handle it. They'll probably get sold again before the fix their sites.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guys, they're called Daybreak entertainment now right? MAYBE THEY CAN FINALLY PUBLISH THE DAWN MMO!

Rest in Pieces, EverQuest.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So, no SOE Live in 2015. I start to think this acquisition might be a bad sign for EQN.
What do you mean bro. They are obviously taking the Daybreak LIVE resources and putting them IN to EQN to bring it out faster.

Or it just means they are going back to the drawing board on EQN and have nothing to show again this year

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah because every major gaming company relies on a huge expo to announce class mechanics and AI tech.
I think its more of a statement in regards to the fan base. No SoE live could be a sign of just not caring about that aspect. Which tends to have a trickle down effect in all areas

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not caring about the people who go to SOELive would likely be a solid step towards making a non-shit game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't played Landmark in months, so this decision doesn't have any effect on my opinion of the early access. That said, if I could go back, I wouldn't do it again. Just got very bored, very quickly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My dislike of paying for alphas is seemingly strengthened with every game.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
5MzlWuO.png

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Venture capital wants SOME short term return. Ideal situation for them is to come up with something bright and shiny to demonstrate the money was well spent in the short term and then have the resources to perform something long term. Remember that a LOT of venture capital gets sunk into terrible black holes of despair so in some respect having any positive return on such an investment is seen quite favorably.

Venture capital is the 1% playing roulette knowing full well the money might be wasted but addicted to the idea of hitting the jackpot and getting a staggering return.
I've always been under the perception that venture capitalists buyout a company for either one of two reasons. The first reason is when they think the company has a good product but is losing money because of poor management. The venture capitalist buys the company, fires the management that was screwing up, then actively takes over management themselves and institutes business process reforms that will end up turning the company around allowing them to make a profit.

The other reason is when a company has a product with a lot of potential for huge profits but the company infrastructure is too small to realize the full profit potential. The venture capitalists, who typically have access to large scale manufacturing , marketing and distribution assets, buy the small company with the full intention of ramping up production and expanding the market reach of the product.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've always been under the perception that venture capitalists buyout a company for either one of two reasons. The first reason is when they think the company has a good product but is losing money because of poor management. The venture capitalist buys the company, fires the management that was screwing up, then actively takes over management themselves and institutes business process reforms that will end up turning the company around allowing them to make a profit.

The other reason is when a company has a product with a lot of potential for huge profits but the company infrastructure is too small to realize the full profit potential. The venture capitalists, who typically have access to large scale manufacturing , marketing and distribution assets, buy the small company with the full intention of ramping up production and expanding the market reach of the product.
Inside information ?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been turned off of Landmark ever since they retracted their statement about player wipes. Once we found out you wouldn't keep all your resources anymore is when I quit the game for good. Only logged in once after to check out the shitty combat system. Took 10 minutes to figure out how terrible that was. Haven't logged back in since. I do kinda regret paying for the access except that I REALLY REALLY enjoyed those first 3-4 months, no matter how buggy and feature incomplete. They actually made it worse with future updates (combat / grinding for resources / etc). So I kinda feel I got "some" of my money's worth but obviously the game is a steaming pile of shit atm with no clear direction at all.