SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Hopefully Elidroth can shed a little light on the recent events.
Nothing really to share. It's a thing. I've got my head down working like always. Nothing changes for me until I hear otherwise. All of these sorts of decisions happen way above me.

Cancelling SOE Live for this year is a smart move IMO. While I like the direct interaction with the players, it's also a huge resource drain, financially as well as the time creating things for the event, travel time, and most importantly, time spent NOT working on the respective games. I'll miss it, and yet I won't.

Vitality

HUSTLE
a_skeleton_02 how much for the Daybreak_Luperza reddit tag?

Edit: I have a third party interested in it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just went on the h1z1 Landmark and EQNext Subreddits and took every SOE_Name from all the devs and registered a Daybreak_Name then PM'd them my Paypal info.
image.php

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So how much real estate does SoE own? Offices? Server locations? I wonder how much of a physical move will this require?

I'm wondering how much Daybreak even knows about EQ and its legacy?

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Guess I am the odd one out as I have always had an affinity for SoE. I love PlanetSide2, Everquest2, and H1Z1. I enjoy Landmark and I am looking forward to EQN, albeit with a very skeptical eye. This news doesnt strike me as good and I am somewhat concerned for the future of the studio.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I sincerely hope Smed, Georgeson, and anyone else in senior leadership has their resumes ready because they are losing their jobs. Their political savviness under SOE's bureaucratic and bloated leadership allowed their incompetence to survive way to long. If the company survives, an investment management firm will want its own leadership.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nothing really to share. It's a thing. I've got my head down working like always. Nothing changes for me until I hear otherwise. All of these sorts of decisions happen way above me.

Cancelling SOE Live for this year is a smart move IMO. While I like the direct interaction with the players, it's also a huge resource drain, financially as well as the time creating things for the event, travel time, and most importantly, time spent NOT working on the respective games. I'll miss it, and yet I won't.
Considering the lack of any useful information from the last SOE Live event, and the over the top damn near condescending talk down to the people that attended, the only people that will miss it are the ones that "Won" video cards for their positive press on various products.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Considering the lack of any useful information from the last SOE Live event, and the over the top damn near condescending talk down to the people that attended, the only people that will miss it are the ones that "Won" video cards for their positive press on various products.
I don't think Smed will be able to pitch Sand Art to a venture capitalist.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bitches keep asking for Sandboxes, yet they don't like Sandart? How's an Exec supposed to understand these mixed messages!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If Daybeak is sold off fairly quickly, then they are it trouble. If not, then these venture capitalists must like what they see. This might allow quicker updates and push things forward. With Sony hemorraging money everywhere, it isn't exactly the epitome of great business. I'm willing to cautiously wait for new developments. There isn't much else going on anyways.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I mean if they're still funding Rhapsody, a next to worthless service given it's competition, SOE's in pretty good shape.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
So how much real estate does SoE own? Offices? Server locations? I wonder how much of a physical move will this require?

I'm wondering how much Daybreak even knows about EQ and its legacy?
We're the same company. As of right now, it's effectively a name change. Who knows about the future?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In EQN, the Frogs should kick the Trolls out of Grobb and force them to move to Everfrost and develop furry coats.