South Park

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Loco_sl

shitlord
SPIN responds to their appearance

South Park never ceases to amaze me with the fast turnaround, and how everything ties together.

This has been an excellent season so far. The anticipation for next weeks episode is already setting in... they have to be building up to something big for episodes 8-10.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why it made me laugh so hard but the depictions of the girl's rooms at the end just killed me. Posters and paraphernalia of Frozen, Winx Club and Lorde covers my 5, 7 and 17 year old daughters' rooms to the T.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons ever. A+++

Seems like dropping the "recent events as major plot points" schtick gave them some new energy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im trying to think of what strange thing was introduced this week that was left open ended. Maybe the press guy from Spin will be back? Stan still has an identity crisis? Butters is still a little hatemonger this season, maybe they will address that?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Im trying to think of what strange thing was introduced this week that was left open ended. Maybe the press guy from Spin will be back? Stan still has an identity crisis? Butters is still a little hatemonger this season, maybe they will address that?
The whole cissy stuff wasn't really solved, besides Cartman not bothering with it anymore which makes Butters a loaded gun. The music industry guys could focus on a new pop star. People revolting around the world against fixed gender toilets ? Guys at work, girls at parties ?

iannis

Musty Nester
I've thought this seasons episodes of South Park are pretty good.

It's not the raunchy gut laughs that it was in the early seasons, but they're letting fly with the truly scathing social commentary. "More like a Royal Flush" was a good line, but I think thebestline of cissy was "But it's not some hurt confused child. It's ERIC CARTMAN." followed by "Yes, but no one else is going to know that. Best to let him just have this one."

I don't even know who Lorde is... but I don't need to in order to get the joke.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You didn't need to know who Lorde is to get the joke because they weren't really attacking her like they did with Kanye, Tom Cruise, Travolta, etc. In fact I think they were nice/flattering towards her.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm amazed by how they put this together so quickly. I know that it's all computerised now and takes only 3 days per episode, but that whole subplot based on the reaction to the previous episode then getting a real/famous singer in on the parody?

Was it going to be about that anyway and they tweak the plot to include the spin guy or did they cut an entire planned storyline to make way for this?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the Spin reporter a reference to?
'South Park' Thinks a Middle-Aged Man Can Pass for Lorde | SPIN | Music Newsposted 7 days ago.

Amazing how fast they can produce the show to stay current.

Although I'm not sure how much was already made. They showed the scene of Cartman shitting in the girl's room in the commercials for the season before episode 1 even aired, so at least the meat of the story was already there and the Spin stuff was likely added last minute.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched the "lorde" episode stoned. I can never do that again. My chest hurts from having laughed so fucking hard at some of the lines in that episode. I missed most of what was said after Clit and Balls because I laughed so hard I almost puked. Usually South Park had not been that funny, but damn they nailed that episode.