Southeast US

niss_sl

shitlord
I'm planning a trip to southeast US in first 2 weeks of March. It has to start somewhere in Texas (because of lack of decent flights) and ideally end in Texas as well (again because of flights) although there 1-2 decent options to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale at the end.

Places which I want to see:

Houston
New Orleans
(maybe Orlando/Disneyworld)
Miami
Ft. Lauderdale
The keys

Is there anything else worthwhile seeing along there? We were thinking of landing in Texas and using the car up to New Orleans and then fly to Florida

taebin

Same trailer, different park
You don't want to see Houston, other than maybe the Johnson Space Center.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah seriously. If Dallas has nothing to see (and it doesn't, minus JFK assassination area), then Houston has nothing to see to the power of 10. Went to Houston once and it has to be one of the ugliest cities in North America. Whoever does the zoning needs his/her head examined.

niss_sl

shitlord
I spent 2 months there previously and just wish to visit for nostalgia sake + shopping. Also in discussions, decided to scrap Orlando and go to San antonio for a day and visit the missions. Do you think florida would be a clusterfuck in early March (i.e. spring break?).

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I spent 2 months there previously and just wish to visit for nostalgia sake + shopping. Also in discussions, decided to scrap Orlando and go to San antonio for a day and visit the missions. Do you think florida would be a clusterfuck in early March (i.e. spring break?).
Orlando is a clusterfuck all year round. Spring break makes the beach areas crowded. As for Orlando, the tourist spots (theme parks) are crowded all year except for the two weeks when it's cold. Most places do a decent job of moving people around though. We went to Disney on Labor Day weekend and had no issues doing what we wanted.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would skip Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale and just do Miami. Miami is close enough to Ft. Lauderdale, where doing both would be pretty much the same experience. Both have awesome beaches and tons of great places to eat and drink. Orlando is super touristy. There's a lot of cool stuff to do there; especially if you have kids. It's just not really my thing.