SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Share your latest SPAC & IPO plays for printing tendies.

Links:
Basic Terms and Definitions

If you guys could send me or post here links to other articles and videos that you feel do a good job helping understand SPAC and Traditional IPOs I'll edit them in here.

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
CCIV to the moon! Spce, join my discord for 199.999.99 so I can tell you about stonks you already know about or our to fucking lazy to look up. Also if you join my discord you get my OF access.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I don't see a lot of people doing is buying warrants. I've been buying more warrants and less commons lately. You have to be careful though as warrants have more risks. Not only can they potentially go to 0 without the same safety net that commons have, there are technical issues with warrants you won't have with commons. So if you don't read the prospectus warrants can potentially bite you in the ass. The upside is much larger gains. In spacs that I've owned both commons and warrants, I'd make about 30-50% on the commons but +100% on the warrants. Warrants also go up and down in price much faster usually.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One thing I don't see a lot of people doing is buying warrants. I've been buying more warrants and less commons lately. You have to be careful though as warrants have more risks. Not only can they potentially go to 0 without the same safety net that commons have, there are technical issues with warrants you won't have with commons. So if you don't read the prospectus warrants can potentially bite you in the ass. The upside is much larger gains. In spacs that I've owned both commons and warrants, I'd make about 30-50% on the commons but +100% on the warrants. Warrants also go up and down in price much faster usually.
Yeah, there are people who make a living doing the arbitrage on warrants. I just dont have the time to dedicate to it properly.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Infos:

On Twitter:
@SPACtrack
@SpacGuru
@spac_watch
@spac_insider

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't see SPACs as any more fraudulent than equities. The SEC watches them and the SPACs are publicly traded companies filing the same filings as everyone else. I think the big issue is SPACs are more popular with less experienced investors. I read the SEC filings of SPACs I am looking at. Sometimes I see shit I don't like and wont buy them. I don't see this as a fraud issue, i see it as their major audience won't/can't do their due diligence. With one exception, I have made a killing in SPACs. I am an educated investor who does due diligence. The one SPAC I got hurt on was based on something that was in fact disclosed in filings (the CEO of the SPAC merger partner also being the CEO of the merger company's largest customer), but it was buried pretty deep and just about everyone (myself included) missed it.

ps.. instead of an AAPL comparison I used a Gal Gadot comparison. :p

gal gadot help GIF

Going to respond to you, here given the topic. I know you are doing your homework on this stuff, but it is not true that SPACS have the same oversight and requirements of other companies coming to market. I don't know what led you to believe that, I can dig up some recent discussions with SEC on this very issue tomorrow if you like. I think we are going to see action about this very soon. They should be required to be as transparent as any other company coming to the public markets and they aren't and people are going to get hurt as a result if it is not addressed. Your point stands however that fraud is a concern for any investor and it should be considered. Transparency places a crucial role in ferreting that out.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll put my recent SPAC picks up. I'm still in the process of building my first portfolio, so understand that these aren't recommendations (because I wouldn't take my own advice at this point). Putting them on here mainly to see if anyone has critiques or recommendations. These come from a combination of my own DD and from info from the SPAC gurus of twitter:

All of these are around $11 or less I think

Compute Health Acquisition Corp (CPUH.U)- Medical device/computational. Lead by Omar Ishrak. 750m.

Burgundy Technology Acquisition Corp (BTAQ)- Tech (Europe, Israel, US), founder Leo Apotheker (Former CEO of HP). More mature- August 2020 IPO. 350m IPO. Recommended by SpacBobby twitter.

Ares Corp SPAC (AAC-UN)- Posted 2/2/21. Recent IPO $500M+ Trust Well-known Sponsor Top Tier UW

Thayer Ventures Acquisition Corporation (TVAC)- Tech/transportation. Venture Capital Well-known Sponsor. Low IPO- 176m- but seems interesting.

E.Merge Technology Acquisition Corp. (ETACU)- Tech, Software, Internet. More mature- 7/31/20 IPO. 600m IPO. $500M+ Trust Well-known Sponsor

Acrlight Clean Transition Corp. II (ACTD)- Not on exchange yet. First spac from these guys partnered with Proterra (electric buses) for big bucks. Keep an eye out for listing.

For both stocks and SPACs I track where I got a recommendation (if I got one). That way I'm building a database of the best/most reliable gurus.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Going to respond to you, here given the topic. I know you are doing your homework on this stuff, but it is not true that SPACS have the same oversight and requirements of other companies coming to market. I don't know what led you to believe that, I can dig up some recent discussions with SEC on this very issue tomorrow if you like. I think we are going to see action about this very soon. They should be required to be as transparent as any other company coming to the public markets and they aren't and people are going to get hurt as a result if it is not addressed. Your point stands however that fraud is a concern for any investor and it should be considered. Transparency places a crucial role in ferreting that out.
So there are two components. The blank check company SPAC and the merger target. If you are speaking about the merger target then I agree that there really should be more transparency. I read the pitch decks and many of them I look at and laugh at the numbers they are putting on paper. But, again I actually read this shit. I recall someone shittaling about due diligence in terms of SPACs because "I am only holding it for a few weeks. If we are discussing the blank check company itself, I read the SEC filings and I am curious what you think needs to be more transparent? This could be simply a wording thing which is why I broke out the two parts of the equation that make up the SPAC.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll put my recent SPAC picks up. I'm still in the process of building my first portfolio, so understand that these aren't recommendations (because I wouldn't take my own advice at this point). Putting them on here mainly to see if anyone has critiques or recommendations. These come from a combination of my own DD and from info from the SPAC gurus of twitter:

All of these are around $11 or less I think

Compute Health Acquisition Corp (CPUH.U)- Medical device/computational. Lead by Omar Ishrak. 750m.

Burgundy Technology Acquisition Corp (BTAQ)- Tech (Europe, Israel, US), founder Leo Apotheker (Former CEO of HP). More mature- August 2020 IPO. 350m IPO. Recommended by SpacBobby twitter.

Ares Corp SPAC (AAC-UN)- Posted 2/2/21. Recent IPO $500M+ Trust Well-known Sponsor Top Tier UW

Thayer Ventures Acquisition Corporation (TVAC)- Tech/transportation. Venture Capital Well-known Sponsor. Low IPO- 176m- but seems interesting.

E.Merge Technology Acquisition Corp. (ETACU)- Tech, Software, Internet. More mature- 7/31/20 IPO. 600m IPO. $500M+ Trust Well-known Sponsor

Acrlight Clean Transition Corp. II (ACTD)- Not on exchange yet. First spac from these guys partnered with Proterra (electric buses) for big bucks. Keep an eye out for listing.

For both stocks and SPACs I track where I got a recommendation (if I got one). That way I'm building a database of the best/most reliable gurus.
Are you looking to hold through the merger? If so then you should look at the sectors. I am not looking for a SPAC in that sector. If you have no intention of holding through the merge then really, I would focus on what the Robinhood crowd will consider sexy. EV, EV supplier, pot stocks, Flying rob taxis, blockchain fintech etc. If you aren't holding through the merge then you want something that is going to catch fire when a merge is announced. Or a Founder with a cult following.

SeanDoe1z1

LOKB.

Their first SPAC play (LOAK) merged successfully with DNMR, a green single use maritime biogradable plastic company out of midwest.

I held through merger, price initially struggled to take off but it soared to 60 p/s. Pretty overvalued, but what isn't at this point. Not sure if I will take a personal stake in this but it is getting me to eyefuck them hard.

edit, i should add they merged through biden win (it matters, bear with me) during EV boom. This was a natural rising tide there, but it really scared me thinking it was a dead stock after merger. one of those know what you own type things.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you looking to hold through the merger? If so then you should look at the sectors. I am not looking for a SPAC in that sector. If you have no intention of holding through the merge then really, I would focus on what the Robinhood crowd will consider sexy. EV, EV supplier, pot stocks, Flying rob taxis, blockchain fintech etc. If you aren't holding through the merge then you want something that is going to catch fire when a merge is announced. Or a Founder with a cult following.

Definitely not holding through merger. Selling at first rumor bump. I thought the sectors I chose were pretty hot and the teams that lead several of those SPACs are well known... But it sounds like you are saying you don't think those SPACs are going to hit during the rumor phase?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definitely not holding through merger. Selling at first rumor bump. I thought the sectors I chose were pretty hot and the teams that lead several of those SPACs are well known... But it sounds like you are saying you don't think those SPACs are going to hit during the rumor phase?
I have no idea. Deciding what the /wsb crowd will like is a crapshoot. Except for anything EV-related. So far I haven't found healthcare sSPACs taking off. I thought SAIi would fly since it is connected car shit and it has actually dropped since the announcement. Like I said, it's a crapshoot. When I first started the SPAC game it was all about companies I wanted to own. Not any more. Now I look for companies the /wsb crowd think will be the next TSLA.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That should be interesting. What do the markets think of a dating app during a social distancing, mask wearing pandemic.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ACIC rumor coming in, up 100% on warrants so far, commons up 40%.
I need to start a SPAC with the letters AOC and then try to get those of a liberal demographic to jump on it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 3 users