Space Station 76

Column_sl

shitlord
You can almost hear the pitch meeting echoing through the Hollywood Hills: "It's like Anchorman, meets 2001: A Space Odyssey." And frankly, that sounds like a damn good way to spend an hour and a half. So let's hope the upcoming movie Space Station 76 lives up to the completely unfounded expectations I've created for it.

Judging by the trailer below, the movie pokes fun at the futurism of the 1970s ? complete with space stations, tiny robot servants, glowing white walls, smoking in space, and a decent helping of sex. This is an R-rated comedy, after all, and it will certainly be interesting to see how far they stretch the sex, the swears, and the scatalogical.

The film stars Patrick Wilson, Liv Tyler, and Jerry O'Connell. The movie premiered at SXSW in March but doesn't appear to have a wide release date yet.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks like a nice Netflix movie. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

spronk

FPS noob
hmmm that sounded a lot funnier when it was first announced, that trailer sucked

doesn't help that I thought the lead was saul goodman in a weird wig

Szlia

The premise is mouth watering, the trailer... not so much. It could be that the pace, tone and type of comedy used in the movie are not very trailer friendly though, so I'll be cautiously optimistic or at least not overly pessimistic.

iannis

Musty Nester
Disco Galaxy Quest.

It's very easy to make it sound like this sort of thing would be funny. It's very hard to actually make it funny.

It requires Tim Allen.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I just watched the trailer at the top of page again.

Fucken boring, forgotten how bad it was (concept could have worked if done right . . .etc etc) I quit before it was over.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Swing and a miss on this one. There are tits but they sure as shit don't save this movie

As said before, premise had a lot of potential but there are no real laughs.

One of the only bits that made me smile was the captain moving his cigarette closer to make the kid go away.

I think I laughed more at the imdb comments - "It's like they stuck a turd inside a Faberg? egg".

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
After reading the comments on here and watching the trailer all that I could think after watching it was this

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
movie is hard to watch, put away sharp objects so eyes are not gouged out.

cannot comment on full movie, i like my sanity too much to finish it.