Speech to text?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone have any experience in speech to text apps for a pc or recommendations for such. Something more than a geewhiz kind of a thing, a daily use thing?

Edit - sorry speech to TEXT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in the late 90s i used to demo dragon dictate vs. ibm voice type? anyway dragon dictate would be used in siri, so thats good stuff. the most important takeaway is to have a great mic/headset. i'd use a plantronics headset w/ dragon dictate and then switch to a $1 toy headset w/ the ibm voice software. i don't know the software now, but i'm sure having the best mic you can buy will still net you the best results.

and yea this software was sold to lawyers and doctors, etc (different versions for obviously different vocab), there was also the basic general public use one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Anyone have any experience in speech to text apps for a pc or recommendations for such. Something more than a geewhiz kind of a thing, a daily use thing?

Edit - sorry speech to TEXT.
I got you fam

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use otter.ai for transcriptions because they make timed srt files and regular transcriptions from mp3s. It's 10$/mo for 6000 minutes premium account. The transcriptions have been pretty good.

If you want a ghetto solution play audio into Google docs speech to text.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guessing I'd have to have something I could edit or define new words. Lot of technical takl that would never show up in the dictionary and such.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Guessing I'd have to have something I could edit or define new words. Lot of technical takl that would never show up in the dictionary and such.
see if one of these work
be93f2f9623441f66e9885b8a75d91f9.png

otherwise you get the pro edition and train the software