Spell Force III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Long story, but I got the game for free. But so far Im enjoying it. Never played the first two. Anyone else played it and finished it? Does it get better or does the crappy RTS of it kind of fuck it?

Trailer

Sample Gameplay

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the other ones were fun for what they were. they took the idea of wc3 with heroes in your rts and expanded on it. i've been keeping somewhat of an eye on SP3 but haven't heard any real trustworthy reviews one way or another.

you say crappy rts... what makes it crappy? the other ones were pretty standard rts fare

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've heard pretty good things about this, other than bugs in the review version which might or might not have been fixed in the day1 patch. Not really willing to pay 50bucks for the game though so I'm just going to wait until it drops price and play some of the other shit I have on my backlog.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I accidentally bought Spellforce Order of Dawn back then because I forgot it in the amazon basket and bought something else. That was fairly decent.

Too bad my computer doesn't have the listed minimum requirements.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're half-ass ARPGs sorta mixed with half-assed RTS games. And generally pretty fun overall. I've played and beaten 1/2, the mediocre RTS elements are there basically to give you a feeling of having an army at your back while you go around doing heroic shit with your main guy/s.

I'll wait till this drops in a price a bit; while it is on my steam wishlist, I also have a dozen or so games I need to play still before I spend any more money~

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They're half-ass ARPGs sorta mixed with half-assed RTS games. And generally pretty fun overall. I've played and beaten 1/2, the mediocre RTS elements are there basically to give you a feeling of having an army at your back while you go around doing heroic shit with your main guy/s.

I'll wait till this drops in a price a bit; while it is on my steam wishlist, I also have a dozen or so games I need to play still before I spend any more money~

This is kind of how I feel about the RTS part right now. I really enjoy the voice acting and such, but kind of dread the parts of the RTS. It just seems like its thrown in. But I only got to play a few hours today, so who knows.. maybe it gets better as it goes. Since I never played the others, I dont know if its standard fair to have lack luster RTS part or not. Long story short, with the graphics, the acting and most of the game play.. I would say this is a solid buy for around 25-30 bucks.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno, I thought about buying it 'till I saw the trailers only showing beautiful landscapes and all.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Price has barely come down 50% in like 2 years and with an expansion on the way. I picked it up and am enjoying it after the first 5-6 hours. I got stuck out of resources on the first RTS segment, leaving me only getting food and able to produce those troops. Kinda limped through it from there. Other than that it's great.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So glad they came out with a sequel. I spent a ton of time playing the first 2 a few years back. Great games. Hybrids, but it worked for me. I hope this is as good, haven't tried it yet though.