Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Spiral: From the Book of Saw (2021)

Tagline: Wanna play games mofo?

Genre: Thriller, Horror, Mystery

Director: Darren Lynn Bousman

Cast: Chris Rock, Samuel L. Jackson, Max Minghella, Marisol Nichols, Morgan David Jones, Frank Licari, John Tokatlidis, Zoie Palmer, Dan Petronijevic, Nazneen Contractor, Edie Inksetter, K. C. Collins, Josh Stolberg, Brian Cook, Leila Leigh, Christopher Tai, Chris Ramsay, Andrew Perun, Luke Gallo, Isys Alexis, Leonidas Castrounis, Genelle Williams, Ali Johnson, Heidi Matijevic, Elena Khan, Brandon Zakkai

Release: 2021-05-12

Runtime: 93

Plot: Working in the shadow of an esteemed police veteran, brash Detective Ezekiel “Zeke” Banks and his rookie partner take charge of a grisly investigation into murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city’s gruesome past. Unwittingly entrapped in a deepening mystery, Zeke finds himself at the center of the killer’s morbid game.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I watched the first 3 or 4 Saws but gave it up after that. I kinda want to watch this one, but if anyone has seen it, do I need to have watched the last couple of movies to understand it? Which one(s) would I probably need to rewatch to get a refresher on what's going on?

List of saw movies:

Saw
Saw II
Saw III
Saw IV
Saw V
Saw VI
Saw 3D
Jigsaw
Spiral

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My buddy saw this and liked it. Whos really interested in this franchise still though.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just read the plot on Wikipedia and I don’t think you need to watch any of them. Although you could also watch any of them if you prefer and I think you would be just as entertained. They’re all basically the same stories with slight variations.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My buddy saw this and liked it. Whos really interested in this franchise still though.
It was my understanding this would be more like a detective crime reboot. If so I would be interested. Provided it doesn't suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
You didn’t need to watch any of the previous ones to follow this one.

It was horrible though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
pass. got the word from a trusted film critic friend of mine-- big horrorfile and watches any horror release day of release for decades now.

he said its a no-go. save your time.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Watched it. Garbage tier. Same formula as previous Saw movies, and it was bad for a Saw movie, so I think everyone can do the math here. Horrible acting all around, you can se the twist coming from 10 miles away. Stay away.

• 1Solidarity

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Good lord... let it die. The previous one was a complete waste of time, so I have zero faith in this.

• 1Great Review
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database