Spirit Island

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This one's very fuckin dank and has been out for a while. I played a 2 hour learning up session of this and we did lose while coming close. Pretty cheap compared to getting into the rest of the table top (less than a 1/10th of the cost) stuff started that we discuss round here.

You can play solo or have another person join by linking their map jigsaw with yours. Your goal is kill the spreading invaders. If a spot double corrupts it cascades.

1708115177388.png

1708115144062.png

1708115195315.png

1708115301139.png

Two of my favorites I used to almost win the learner game:

1708115262178.png

Rain_of_Blood_%28hosi%29.png

Here's a good list of spirits:

Give it a round with really anyone, its hard but easily playable with the turns and steps listed out.

Enjoy that brain burn co-op and see if you can get a win in a 4 player, haven't been able to yet.

I got Eyes Watch From the Trees and friends on arriving Saturday to team back up with Rampant Spread of Green.

Give this like 4.999/5 stars.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is my boardgame group's favorite Co-Op game. Each spirit is different and complicated enough for a bunch of replay value (and there are like 60 bloody spirits + retrain cards if you get everything), and to also prevent the bane of co-op, backseat driving.

Getting used to the tempo game of Slow actions takes a while, so most folks flock towards the Fast Action spirits and powers.

The Civilization cards add a solid layer of difficulty, but some of them are very fiddly to remember and manage.

The ocean spirit is a silly combo with the nonlethal spirits since it lets them "kill" invaders by pushing them into the sea, shoring (heh) up their weaknesses

Banger of a game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It was made by people who are incredibly immersed in their own work. They have fine tastes and it's very cleverly done.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is my boardgame group's favorite Co-Op game. Each spirit is different and complicated enough for a bunch of replay value (and there are like 60 bloody spirits + retrain cards if you get everything), and to also prevent the bane of co-op, backseat driving.

Getting used to the tempo game of Slow actions takes a while, so most folks flock towards the Fast Action spirits and powers.

The Civilization cards add a solid layer of difficulty, but some of them are very fiddly to remember and manage.

The ocean spirit is a silly combo with the nonlethal spirits since it lets them "kill" invaders by pushing them into the sea, shoring (heh) up their weaknesses

Banger of a game.

Couldn't find foil boards for Horizons of Spirit Island, but could for every other set. Rats.

Last edited: