Split (2017)

Grez

Molten Core Raider
You will leave the theatre with a strangely empty feeling, and wonder if the casting director for that shitty Sci-Fi channel Children of Dune ever gets any credit at all for finding one of the best young actors in a generation.
Here's to hoping that the beast is the sandworm Leto Atreides.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
The trailers make it come off as a comedy. Hopefully, it's not intended to be a thriller.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
It has Anya Taylor-Joy who I actually feel has done well in the two movies I have seen her in, The Witch and Morgan. I'll probably watch it just for her and McAvoy and the incredible soft-spot I have for horror.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
After The Last Airbender I will never support a shammydingdong movie....fuck him in his stupid fucking face. God that movie pissed me off more than any other movie ever

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone is like, "I hate shamalamdingdong because Last Airbender!!!!" My question is, why in the fuck would you ever see that movie (or Lady in Water, or The Fappening or After Earth) in the first place? Every review unanimously said, "lul, worst movie ever."

These movies aren't nearly as bad or offensive to your senses, if you aren't stupid enough to pay for and watch them. Pick and choose accordingly, retards.

MKS.jpg

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Haha Last Airbender is a 6%! That has to mean there are a few people out there that liked that dumpster fire. /boggle

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha Last Airbender is a 6%! That has to mean there are a few people out there that liked that dumpster fire. /boggle
The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes
Score: 3.5 / 4 - "Shyamalan has taken what could have been a big, flashy, generic Hollywood production and made it wholly his own."
Score: 3 / 4 - "Using the backbone of the Nickelodeon series, Shyamalan succeeds in developing a story with a deep mythology -- something he failed to do with Lady in the Water."
Score: 3 / 4 - "The Last Airbender is one of the most visually luscious and exhilarating entertainments I have seen this year, full of giddy fireworks and kinetic pleasure."
Score: 3.5 / 5 - "It's worth putting up with M. Night the writer to enjoy the work of M. Night the director."
Score: ? / ? - "An exotic 3D battle of the boys blockbuster, teeming with dazzling, exotic imagery. Though a bit on the wet side as drenched seafaring adversaries and awful adult role models kept in line by unruly children, collide. I See Damp People."

iannis

Musty Nester
Shyamalan for me is this.

The Sixth Sense: Bad movie, made great by a spectacular twist I personally never saw coming. I almost walked out in the middle because it was so bad.

Unbreakable: His best movie in my opinion, the twist was somewhat predictable though.

Signs and everything that followed: All shit. None of them have in my opinion even been passable.

He's just trying to hard to have these great twist endings that the rest of the movie suffers for it. I honestly believe he thinks of the ending first and works backward to fit the twist, and it just makes for boring movies. It's not like he has an interesting story to tell that has a great ending...the movie is just a setup for his twist, and it just sucks in my opinion.

Unbreakable is one of the best comic book movies out there. Flash Gordon is THE best one, and 1980's Superman comes in 2nd. But Unbreakable is really damn good.

And everyone hates it.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i loved unbreakable. most people i talk to love that movie. it was brilliant.

JUST got back from seeing this. james mcavoy is absolutely stunning in this movie. absolutely brilliant. unquestioningly. i really enjoyed it. i'll avoid spoilers for now, but the twist was... it was likable. it definitely brought a smile to my face and the girl i was with. the ending was a LITTLE "meh?", a little anti-climactic until the twist and then i was happy.

honestly, james mcavoy alone was WELL worth price of admission and then some.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
goodbadflicks guy liked it as well alot. but he is also one of those net critics that has been a M.Night Apologist.
More then a few apologists for M.Night, have similar views. Great camerawork. shots. Strong directing. Often cite the massive use of subliminal shots in The Happening, as examples. Or, like the water being in so many shots in Signs. He IS a very competent director when he wants to be. Compare that to the editing mess of Superman/Suicide squad. They seem to think the inflated budgets, etc of the bigger stuff is his downfall. and smaller, more intimate movies like this and the Visit is his forte.

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend saw this and spoiled it for me since I refused to ever see an M Night movie in theatre. Movie and twist sounds pretty great and sucks I ruined it

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Why does everyone hate Signs? The end was beyond stupid but the build up was absolutely great. Was it just the fact that Fire in the Sky scarred me as a kid?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Szlia

I am a Shyamalapologist so take it with a grain of salt, but I loved Unbreakable and, while the discourse in Signs is atrocious, there is like a dozen amazingly directed scenes in that movie.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought Signs was alright in the theater. It's sorta slow and sorta weird and quirky. Movies like that can be nice once in a while. It's had absolutely zero replay value for me though. It's been on cable a bunch of times and I just click right past.

The Village I find frustrating because there's twenty more minutes of movie left after the big reveal but it's Lady in the Water that I hate. From the opening fairy tale to Shamayanan casting himself as some Christ-like figure it just pisses me right the fuck off. It's got some scenes in it I like. The big arm small arm guy staring down a monster thing is great but overall I despise that film. The Happening I didn't like in the theater but with a different perspective it's damn near hilarious.

Devil was I was pleasantly surprised with. It's not great but it's a perfectly watchable suspense flick.

• 1Like