Spooky Movie Night - A weekly stream of horror movies and music for all the internet outcasts

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

We hope you will join us - 10pm EST every Friday

3b2647ff43b03b48db19220917eb9c813c186528.gifv

1647649403419.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Phantasm 1-3 is pretty good, 4 I heard fell off.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Phantasm 1-3 is pretty good, 4 I heard fell off.
Four is pretty rough, but if you're a fan of the series it's still pretty great despite Coscarelli having a ridiculously small budget. It's not like he didn't have a small budget on any of the movies though. It really just comes down to a labor of love for him and all of his actors. I still watch the whole series about once a year. The first two movies scared the shit out of me when I was young. But then when Reggie and Mike start fighting The tall Man and the midgets, you would get so pumped up. It was one of those movies you'd stay up till midnight to watch on regular broadcast television.

I think there were actually talks of JJ Abrams, who's a big fan of the Phantasm series, remaking them at some point. This is back I think in the mid-2000s, and he was claiming he would make it the Star Wars of horror movies with a big trilogy.

I'm really glad that didn't happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean its up there with Evil Dead for me right now. I've never seen these films and was surprisingly entertained.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Way too late for me. Enjoy, you young bucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs new season starts up I think next week. Similar to this show I suppose. I've begged my local drive ins to play horror/retro but they keep playing mostly lame ass new releases. During Covid when all the studios stopped releasing movies was glorious... they were forced to play throwbacks.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Whoever runs this one has similar taste so I know when something random comes on, its something I probably woulda been amused by.

1650686623980.png

The old commercials etc are great too. Bring back this society.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs new season starts up I think next week. Similar to this show I suppose. I've begged my local drive ins to play horror/retro but they keep playing mostly lame ass new releases. During Covid when all the studios stopped releasing movies was glorious... they were forced to play throwbacks.
Pumped for this.

• 2Like