Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
I took a couple non-fans to watch Ospreay vs Takeshita and they were all wowed by it and it made them interested in the overall product. Match had crossover appeal, for sure.

Cody vs Roman has an incredible build, but if you're rating on match quality, 4.75 might even be generous. It all depends on what someone's personal criteria is. By Dave's criteria, Hogan vs Sting with a yearlong build was like a ** match at best. Hogan vs Andre is probably one star. He rates on workrate and match quality, while people like you and I might rate things on story, build, and intangible "it" factor before we even consider how much action there actually was in the match. By my standards Cody vs Roman is five stars and something like Hogan vs Sting is 3 and a half, losing a lot from the bungled ending.

Anyway people put way too much stock and thought into Dave's opinions, he's just an opinion commentator at this point who guesses at what's going to happen next the same way the rest of us do. Sean Ross Sapp is the only real newsman in the business right now who reliably gets concrete information.
Yeah if he was just doing the quality of the wrestling that's fine, but he does give stars for japanese storylines and ends up with 6* and 7* ratings.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
At the end of the day Meltzer’s snowflakes are still just his opinion. I was trying to give Punk’s wrestling skills some love. I do think Da Meltz opinion is ultimately not the one. But I got used to his star ratings when I loved AJPW. Which I was addictive to their heavyweight matches.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah if he was just doing the quality of the wrestling that's fine, but he does give stars for japanese storylines and ends up with 6* and 7* ratings.
A match in the TOKYO DOME automatically gets at least a 1* bonus

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Is that the end of the alpha academy? At least edit them out instead of just dropping them imo. Maybe Otis turns heel with Chad?