Spy

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I saw this with my wife today, shes a big Melissa McCarthy fan and I like Paul Feigs work, and I owed her after Mad Max.

I thought this looked like GARBAGE when I saw the commercials. Then I noticed it was 95 on Rotten Tomatoes so I figured it was somehow a glitch.

This movie was FUCKING HILARIOUS. McCarthy is hit or miss, Love her in the Heat and Bridesmaids, Hated Tammy. Shes one note but it worked here. Fucking Jason Statham is the funniest thing to me. Plays her foil GREAT. Love Rose Byrne and Alison Janney in anything.

Seriously though, I havent been so happily surprised in a LONG time. Definitely worth checking out. Did not know it was Rated R until I got there. The Ads do it no justice.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I saw this. I'd give it a 8.5/10. The first half had some unbelievably great stuff. The gadget scene and the statham story scene were awesome. I wanted more shit like that in the movie. Weirdly, the plot actually drags the movie down in the latter half. It tried to get semi serious and advance the plot and resolve shit and I just wanted more of teh funnyz.

Apparently there was a post-credits scene I missed. I heard it as I was walking out of the theater.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I agree it was great and statham was pretty awesome in it. I didn't know he could play a role like that. The shit with the face off machine should be a classic one day. The point at which I lost it though, was when she jumped on that guy and took him down. Reminded me of when Yoda started fighting dooku.

There were 2 scenes at the end with melissa and Jason in bed together. The second was pretty funny, but it was just an outtake from the first one. I'd tell you what was said, but there's no way it will work as well in text.

Hell, even the stuff they were throwing up during the credits was kinda of humorous.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont know if my expectations were so low it seemed better but this movie was awesome. I hate mccarthy but I would give this a 8.5

Sucks this movie didnt do better money wise, probably made less then all her other dumb movies

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
These are the types of roles McCarthy needs to do. She's a lot better when she's not forced into her "Chris Farley" slapstick mode.

Homsar

The way they constantly made fun of Mccarthy was perfect by everyone, add in Peter Serafinowicz and an amazing performance by statham. I was expecting a little more laughs out of Serafinowicz actually.

Szlia

It's quite enjoyable and there is a pretty decent knife vs frying pan fight scene in there, but the plot is a bit of a mess and some parts are cringe worthy, notably when she has to run. It's obviously not possible for her and they can't use it for comedy effect, because they base some of the comedy on the fact her character is deceivingly athletic.

Digression: That reminded me of a movie a few years back called Vengeance with french pop superstar Johnny Hallyday. The guy was in his sixties and had multiple spine surgeries for herniated disks and additional surgeries to correct some of the previous surgeries that went wrong... at some point he is supposed to do some sort of physical activity (playing soccer on a beach I believe) and, yeah, not possibleat all.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I liked it at the time, but two weeks later, all I can remember is "limp-dicked unicorn". And probably the best non-sequitur of the decade, "There's a mouse on my tits".

Homsar

So many great lines by Statham

I go into the Face off machine and get a new face, I attached my arm with his other arm, impersonated Obama infront of Congress, you times infinity, I got a feeling you about to fuck things up

Rose Byrne had a ton of great lines also being mean to mccarthy