SQL Compact Database File

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm studying for a certification and have this software that is essentially mock exams (questions, answers, and reasoning behind the answers). I want to take its database of questions and answers and make a mobile app so that I can do the Q&A stuff while I'm taking a shit, at a red light, etc. My problem is that the file where I believe the data/tables are located is an encrypted SQL Compact Database File. I downloadedCompactViewhoping that I could just view the database (I don't need to modify it). However, to even view it prompts me for a password.

The reason for the thread is this: is there a way to bypass the password/encryption or am I going to have to manually copy (ie manually type out my own tables) the questions and answers?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Going by the documentation, the passwords are AES 128 or 256. You're not getting in in your lifetime, maybe a really good heuristics model could crack it in a few months if they used any dictionary words.
Haha, thanks for breaking it down for me. Guess I'll start the manual translation.

Ironically (or perhaps not), the certification is for information security... guess that should've been the first tip of the hat that I was unlikely to get in.