Squad

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally out of early access and last time it will go on sale before the price is increased to $49.99, it will be $29.99 until 9/30/20.

With 1.0 comes the following.

• 100 player games
  • 20 maps
  • 7 factions

It can be slow at times but is one of the best shooters I've played. Has a learning curve but is extremely rewarding once you get it down.

Here is some gameplay from the new map which is supposed to be the best, I have not got to see it yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I *might* consider it again, I've heard its fairly different than when I last played it.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is insanely badass seeing the choppers come in and drop other soldiers off/do a gun run.

Hekotat

It is insanely badass seeing the choppers come in and drop other soldiers off/do a gun run.

I'm ready for the ropes, I don't know if they added them yet but taht will be sweet. Servers are freaking packed tonight.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was watching some streams of it last night. Looks like a lot of fun if you can get into a good clan. Gameplay looks like it is somewhere between BF4 and Arma3.

Hekotat

I was watching some streams of it last night. Looks like a lot of fun if you can get into a good clan. Gameplay looks like it is somewhere between BF4 and Arma3.

You get 1 or two friends playing and you can still fuck shit up, especially right now with all the new players. It's insane how full the servers are.

Just waiting on them to dial in the performance again like they did before the patch.

faille

Molten Core Raider
which one does it lean towards more?
I need a good team play shooter given how shit 2042 is, but don't want something extreme like the Arma's. Still need to drop in and still get some action happening quickly.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I need a good team play shooter given how shit 2042 is, but don't want something extreme like the Arma's. Still need to drop in and still get some action happening quickly.
This game aint it.

As much as I like this game at times, there are times that I absolutely hate it.

Run to an area. Eat an ambush and get killed. Wait up to a minute to respawn. Run another 5 minutes to get back into the fight, die as soon as you arrive. Exit game.

Hekotat

Check out HLL if you want quick action, squad has amazing firefights but tons of logistic and setup time. If you get on a bad team/squad it's a shit show.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Cheers, I might get HLL a look, but was really looking forward to something modern. I got enough historical shooter fix from bf1 /bfv

Hekotat

Cheers, I might get HLL a look, but was really looking forward to something modern. I got enough historical shooter fix from bf1 /bfv

I think both are worth it, but they are vastly different games and probably the best FPS games on the market currently. Sadly there aren't many other options.

Hekotat

Look at this starwars conversion:

It's fun but it still needs work, biggest is being you can't see shit if you're a stormtrooper, the visual fidelity between droids and the other class is staggering. Also the bullets don't go where you aim in game.

The rest is good fun, just needs a bit more time first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
This game aint it.

As much as I like this game at times, there are times that I absolutely hate it.

Run to an area. Eat an ambush and get killed. Wait up to a minute to respawn. Run another 5 minutes to get back into the fight, die as soon as you arrive. Exit game.

Not really -- join a squad, get an FOB/HAB/rally setup outside the control point, and spawn there.

It's not "fast", but its not "run 5 minutes, then die, then logout"

Squad is one of the best team military shooters out right now, bar-none. Very real, with some gamey stuff sitting on top of it.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Not really -- join a squad, get an FOB/HAB/rally setup outside the control point, and spawn there.

It's not "fast", but its not "run 5 minutes, then die, then logout"

Squad is one of the best team military shooters out right now, bar-none. Very real, with some gamey stuff sitting on top of it.
Oh for sure. Gameplay has gotten a wee bit better.

I uninstalled this game tho because I got sick of every other day updates coming through and it doing a full on reinstall that took 4+ hours to do.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
squad infantry combat update coming out tomorrow. community is split, some think it is amazing, others think it will kill the game. either way it is a huge change to infantry gameplay and should be interesting for a few weeks.

Hekotat

It looks amazing to watch but horrible to play. Imagine the bullets going where you don't point.

If they were smart they'd leave both versions of the game played and leave the previous version as is with no new content.