SSIS Package Data Flow Task works on Win7 laptop but fails on Server 2008 R2

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To all you SQL gurus out there. Help!

SQL 2008 R2 SSIS Package Data Flow Task works on Win7 laptop, but fails on Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

The SSIS package was written on the Laptop (Both the laptop and server have the same version of SQL installed) and tested and ran ok - copied to the server, connection manager passwords re-entered and fails.

Data Flow Source = ADO.NET data source connecting to ODBC for Universe
Data Flow Destination = ADO.NET data destination connecting to SQL 2008 R2 table

Error messages:

1) [Saffron Property File [471]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "component "Saffron Property File" (471)" failed because error code 0x80131937 occurred, and the error row disposition on "output column "Z_ID" (486)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

2) [Saffron Property File [471]] Error: The component "Saffron Property File" (471) was unable to process the data. Pipeline component has returned HRESULT error code 0xC0209029 from a method call.

3) [SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "Saffron Property File" (471) returned error code 0xC02090F5. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Attempted solutions:

1) Downloaded hotfixes from solution provided at:http://support.microsoft.com/default...rss&spid=13165. SQL Server hotfix applied successfully but Windows hotfix stated ?None of the products that are addressed by this software update are installed on this computer. Click Cancel to exit setup.?. Issue still remains

2) Followed Method 1 process on aforementioned Microsoft support site page ? no data copied to destination

3) Verified that the ODBC connection on the server is identical to the one on the laptop

4) Increased the size of columns in the destination table so that they are all nvarchar(500) and set all to allow nulls, also removed primary key ? Issue remains

5) Recreate the package from scratch on the server instead of using a copy ? Issue remains.

Gorestabb

Just in case anyone cares, I resolved this by simply installing Service Pack 1 for Server 2008 R2. Which I'd have done sooner except for Managers who are paranoid about server restarts/downtime.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Huh. Really. I wonder which KB actually resolves this.

If it happens again, you might want to run SURT before you do the install to see what the offending package might be. Who knows, might show some insight into what's actually broken.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Just in case anyone cares, I resolved this by simply installing Service Pack 1 for Server 2008 R2. Which I'd have done sooner except for Managers who are paranoid about server restarts/downtime.
That's crazy. I've never had a big issue with an OS service pack. I'm somewhat tepid about Exchange, SharePoint, and stuff like that, but generally if you even wait a few weeks you can see any issues caused by the service packs. At this point though I would think everyone would want SP1 for R2 since the OS has been out forever, and any issues are pretty well documented.

Gorestabb

That's crazy.
Crazy it is, but it worked! So next time I'll just put my foot down when it comes to essential maintenance.
rolleyes.png