Stalingrad

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm a sucker for a good war movie, and this one looks pretty fine. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the slow-mo combat stuff?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
As someone who has read extensively about Stalingrad this movie looks like a big piece of shit, the biggest gut punch is that it comes from a Russian director who should know better than to turn this material into some Michael Bay abomination

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whats wrong with it? Looks better than 99% of the shit Hollywood puts out.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's clearly not a historically accurate depiction but a heavily stylized action movie so don't get so butthurt about historical inaccuracy. It looks much more like 300 than Michael Bay. Not just the slow motion action scenes but very surreal backdrops and focus on a smaller group of soldiers against the odds.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think it looks good. If I wanted to see a super realistic portrayal of Stalingrad I'd watch one of the many documentaries about it.

Anyway, a "real" depiction of Stalingrad would be depressing as fuck and more along the lines of Schindler's List. There's a time and place for that kind of movie, but there's also room for more stylized WW2 movies.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I think it looks good. If I wanted to see a super realistic portrayal of Stalingrad I'd watch one of the many documentaries about it.

Anyway, a "real" depiction of Stalingrad would be depressing as fuck and more along the lines of Schindler's List. There's a time and place for that kind of movie, but there's also room for more stylized WW2 movies.
Maybe they should make a stylized slo-mo version of Schindler's List instead then, if the actual subject matter is just too depressing for you?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Maybe they should make a stylized slo-mo version of Schindler's List instead then, if the actual subject matter is just too depressing for you?
I'm really hoping they pull a Tarantino and have Hitler die in a hail of gunfire when he arrives at Stalingrad to lead the final German assault on the city.

Arakkis

N00b
As someone who has read extensively about Stalingrad this movie looks like a big piece of shit, the biggest gut punch is that it comes from a Russian director who should know better than to turn this material into some Michael Bay abomination
How the fuck can you tell this from a preview in which no words are spoken?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How the fuck can you tell this from a preview in which no words are spoken?
Summaries of the plot are on the internet. Its a bastardization of the Pavlov's House story with a love story tacked on to it. Plus shitty 3D + slo mo.