Star Trek Beyond (2016)

spronk

FPS noob
You know whats on my mind right now Jim? It ain't the earl grey tea. Its the dead klingon in my garage. When you came pulling into my docking bay, did you see the dead klingon storage sign? No? CUZ IT AIN'T FUCKING THERE

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Be interesting to see if Paramount will allow an R rated Trek film. You know he wont do it unless it is.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure this is the right genre for Tarantino, but it at least would be better than the Abrams reboot filth.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

we talking a reboot dues 3x here? (I am counting discovery) or are we talking a time frame jump (please!)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
You know whats on my mind right now Jim? It ain't the earl grey tea. Its the dead klingon in my garage. When you came pulling into my docking bay, did you see the dead klingon storage sign? No? CUZ IT AIN'T FUCKING THERE
Lol I'd double Worf you if I could

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure this is the right genre for Tarantino, but it at least would be better than the Abrams reboot filth.
Tarantino is a big nerd so it's possible he'd be willing to do it just to make it Trek-like, although I've never heard what he thinks about Trek so I'm just basing that on him being a fellow nerdgeek.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The movie would consist of the crew sitting in the bridge talking about some hypothetical stuff. Then something crazy happens, that is exactly the same as the hypothetical discussion from before. And we're all surprised by how it ends.

Goatface

i could see him doing an extended away mission stuck on a hostile planet / derelict ship for 3 hours

with no red shirts, it could be interesting

• 1Worf

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So this is Tarantino's retirement plan? He had said he was only going to do two more movies I think. The Manson movie would be the first of those.

I don't think an R rating would hurt them much in this case. Star Trek has proven it's audience hasn't grown much beyond those older fans who have mostly been around since the beginning. And Tarantino is one of the few directors who, at least at one time, could pull in a few people on his name alone.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

We could get some really dark shit going on...

Dominion return - cardassians been fucking brooding and roosting for a generation and they both essentially sneak attacked back stabbed the federation and all allies - and the universe is in a "dystopian" state and the federation is all but gone - should reference entire races that we know have been wiped out, such as any other shape shifting races, Troy's people - anyone that has natural talents that could be a threat.

It could be after the dominion war of the "reboot" timeline, and they have to bring back Kahn to help them start a new enhanced human race to defeat the dominion... I would have the first movie be some background etc. and end with them finding what they need to "win the war" and its Kahn frozen in his stasis thing (that is where into darkness left us right?)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

1536.gif

• 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll watch anything with Patrick Stewart, but him with Tarantino in Star Trek? I feel like that's some weird fever dream I don't remember having

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users