Star Trek - Bridge Crew

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure by now you have all heard of this. However i did not see a thread for it.
I am honestly on the fence on this game, i have yet to play it, but the videos just look corny as hell. I love my some Star Trek, but unsure about this game.
Has anyone played / have thoughts / feedback? (trust your guys opinions more than random reviews)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've only played a couple of games, but it's easily the best VR experience. Cross-platform is pretty awesome also. Need to tinker more, a couple friends picking it up and then we're going to dig into the random mission stuff.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Salty

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Who has this? I would get it but want people to play with.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
yea, if i had people i knew with VR i'd get this, but i don't wanna play with random people. None of my friends have VR :/

spronk

FPS noob
i get to play most ubi games early for reasons and while i enjoyed this a lot as a huge star trek nerd it got pretty repetitive after 4-5 hours, and i didn't feel like i needed to play any more after 4 hours. So a really awesome 4 hours and then... never play again? That kinda sums up most VR games for me though, still have yet to find a game which I'd want to play more than a few times and I haven't yet found a single one that would pull me away from stuff like Titanfall 2, Destiny, COD, GTA, etc all of which I play every week.

i mean this game might be awesome and amazing if every 2 weeks they added a new mission and had more single player stuff and had full ships and planets you could just walk around in and chill out but all that requires a ton of dev time and investment and resources but because its so focused and limited fewer people are gonna wanna buy it, VR really feels like in a catch 22 where everyone just releases the bare minimum of a "game" and then gets pissed that more people aren't buying their 4-10 hour "experiences".

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
i get to play most ubi games early for reasons and while i enjoyed this a lot as a huge star trek nerd it got pretty repetitive after 4-5 hours, and i didn't feel like i needed to play any more after 4 hours. So a really awesome 4 hours and then... never play again? That kinda sums up most VR games for me though, still have yet to find a game which I'd want to play more than a few times and I haven't yet found a single one that would pull me away from stuff like Titanfall 2, Destiny, COD, GTA, etc all of which I play every week.

i mean this game might be awesome and amazing if every 2 weeks they added a new mission and had more single player stuff and had full ships and planets you could just walk around in and chill out but all that requires a ton of dev time and investment and resources but because its so focused and limited fewer people are gonna wanna buy it, VR really feels like in a catch 22 where everyone just releases the bare minimum of a "game" and then gets pissed that more people aren't buying their 4-10 hour "experiences".

As much as I really liked this game, hard to disagree with this. The things they could do with this setup would be amazing. But like other great games made for a limited platform (Fantasia on Xbox One comes to mind), it won't get that support.

Having something come up and assigning your helmsman and tactical to go take a shuttle and navigate a hollowed asteroid or narrow minefield while you support them for example, would be something that'd be really neat. There's a lot more that could be done.

I really hope it's inspiring to some others, give me a Battlestar Galactica game like this. People hopping in Vipers, manning point defense/targeting turrets and the helm, etc. Grittier look/feel.

All that being said, have another friend or two getting it, and once I'm over this flu and stuff looking forward to playing with randoms even.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have a Vive, but this looks like the perfect game to hang out with some friends, kill some Klingons, and have some booze while doing it. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this would be a GREAT drunken game night. Along with that one Wolf game.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ok I just turned this game on and holy shit, just flying in a shuttle around the Enterprisewhatever they're calling the main ship in this is super immersive. Who else has this game and when are we playing? Would be fun to play with total noobs fresh the first time.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

FYI - this game no longer requires a VR headset - so lets go gayboys - engage to lulz and win mode!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As much as I really liked this game, hard to disagree with this. The things they could do with this setup would be amazing. But like other great games made for a limited platform (Fantasia on Xbox One comes to mind), it won't get that support.

Having something come up and assigning your helmsman and tactical to go take a shuttle and navigate a hollowed asteroid or narrow minefield while you support them for example, would be something that'd be really neat. There's a lot more that could be done.

I really hope it's inspiring to some others, give me a Battlestar Galactica game like this. People hopping in Vipers, manning point defense/targeting turrets and the helm, etc. Grittier look/feel.

All that being said, have another friend or two getting it, and once I'm over this flu and stuff looking forward to playing with randoms even.

VR games like this feel perfect for user created content or even procedurally generated. the devs just need to come up with enough stock set pieces. you wouldn't even necessarily need to come up with any voice work once the base is all in, since the "voice work" would come from the other players. just have a varied set of admirals saying "There's a distress beacon near you, sending you the coordinates."

but as it is, it feels like once you play for a few hours, the only real fun comes from trolling new players

Siliconemelons

the addition of watson powered voice command for NPCs makes this game much more doable solo - but it can be quite a challenge still -- it is fun to do as a group- it could use more "content" but I think the fact that the company is still adding features etc. shows that there eventually will be a "bigger" model of this game released.

Siliconemelons

TNG Bridge DLC has been released - they got my 15$ - it is cool - it still is not as "fluid" or easy to manage as the NX bridge - but nor is it as annoying as TOS bridge. I only did one start of the new mission - I want to get to the Borg stuff that they added.

But it is fun to be on TNG bridge - the weapons station is the best.

I do not like the change in hand animation for PSVR- instead of a open hand with a slightly extended out pointer finger that - presses on move controller trigger to "press" - it is a closed hand with a pointer finger sticking out and presses when you press trigger... but eh