Star Trek: Discovery

Itzena_sl

shitlord
yes, it was always a retarded design fallancy that made absolute no sense. Battlestar Galactica had it right, with the bridge deep inside the this hull. Star Trek ? nope. They are in the top, most exposed area of the ship. Not only them tho, also Klingons have it in the front nose of the ship for no reason

the first pic im linking below show you exactly where the bridge is in the Enterprise-D (TNG serie ship). On the second pic you can see how this stupid design is presen in any shipclass tho. Including the new Sovereign class you see in the last 3 TNG movies

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...1d-sheet-3.jpg

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...b-sheet-12.jpg
If I were a Star Trek captain, my first orders would be "Fuck being a sitting duck, we're moving to the battle bridge"

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Voyager's writing seems to have gotten better halfway through season five. It's actually not so painful to watch now. I can't wait to get done, so I can rewatch DS9. It's been awhile.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
the first pic im linking below show you exactly where the bridge is in the Enterprise-D (TNG serie ship). On the second pic you can see how this stupid design is presen in any shipclass tho. Including the new Sovereign class you see in the last 3 TNG movies
I am sad to say I have my own reference material
rrr_img_12021.jpg

rrr_img_12022.jpg

I never know what to ask for when Christmas comes around so that's how I wound up with the Haynes manual, and I believe the DS9 was a thank you from a friend who I had pestered into watching the series. It's not that I don't know where it came from, it just that I introduced that person to the the insanity that is Christmas at a video game store and you never quite forgive a person for that, I also left this DVD at his house which is an unforgivable sin. When I say "left" I actually mean repeatedly tried hide on his bookshelf even under the threat of physical violence. I think he must like it now and he informed me it was the only movie he still owns.

I was using the deep space nine one to build a Defiant in Minecraft at this airship port I had built, I believe that map is toast but the new server I am playing on has much better mods if I ever decide to pursue that again, there is a lot more futuristic looking stuff.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
In one of those books I found the only argument I need to make for DS9 being the best Trek yet.
rrr_img_12055.jpg

I don't recall seeing this outside of the reference material but it is this attention to detail that made the show great.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The other thing that made the show great was the allowance for foibles and conflict, even among the supposed heroes, and the time taken to let characters have a full, satisfying, multi-year arc that none of the other Star Trek series seemed to be allowed to have. DS9 only benefited by its' status as the black sheep of Treks and the one Berman seemed to stay the farthest away from.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Seeing that picture and the reference to the Borg just annoyed me again that they blew up the Defiant against the Borg just as a plot device to get Worf aboard the Enterprise in First Contact.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
that defiant picture is so 1990s queer.

all thats left is to make crew uniforms into pullover Starter jackets.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Seeing that picture and the reference to the Borg just annoyed me again that they blew up the Defiant against the Borg just as a plot device to get Worf aboard the Enterprise in First Contact.
I haven't seen that in years and it was before I got into DS9, I didn't remember how Worf got there at all.Now I am annoyed as well.

90's was fucking awesome, we had Ninja Turtles, neon shirts, pubic hair, X-files, Monica Lewinsky, Cowboy Beebop, and we smoked weed, not meth.

Siliconemelons

I belive the defiant was build and designed for the war with the borg, but it was resolved before it was complete- it was then used in DS9-- and in First Contact the Enterprise shows up almost at the end, if they didnt show up it only would have taken a few more moments for the borg to sweep up the remaining ships- yet the defiant was there from the begining to end and still was salvagable, and imo it showed how badass worf was and how even after everything the federation has gone through they dont produce any fighter captiants etc

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
90's was fucking awesome, we had Ninja Turtles, neon shirts, pubic hair, X-files, Monica Lewinsky, Cowboy Beebop, and we smoked weed, not meth.
I had a mullet in the early 90's that I labeled the Pussy Destroyer. It wasn't.

Haka

N00b
That didn't happen.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Defiant_%282370%29
Under the command of Worf, the Defiant participated in the Battle of Sector 001 in mid-2373. The Defiant assaulted the invading Borg cube from the Typhon sector to Earth and took severe damage. As Worf was about to order the ship to ram the cube, the USS Enterprise-E rescued the vessel's survivors. The Defiant and Enterprise crews followed a Borg sphere to 2063 shortly after the cube's destruction to stop the Borg from sabotaging Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight. Following these events, the Defiant was repaired and returned to DS9. (Star Trek: First Contact; DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")

I believe there was talk of it maybe being blown up but then they decided needlessly destroying it made no sense, especially when ds9 was still on the air.
Anyways, most ships were destroyed. If anything, the fact that it survived was a testament to it's ability.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
They didn't get a chance to blow up THAT ship in Generations (even if it didn't happen). Season 7 episode 20, the Breen absolutely dismantle the Defiant, it wasn't even close in that battle; the Defiant flies point and catches the first shots fired leaving it a sitting duck. The Defiant in Generations was the USS Sao Paulo, renamed Defiant when command was transferred to Sisko.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
They didn't get a chance to blow up THAT ship in Generations (even if it didn't happen). Season 7 episode 20, the Breen absolutely dismantle the Defiant, it wasn't even close in that battle; the Defiant flies point and catches the first shots fired leaving it a sitting duck. The Defiant in Generations was the USS Sao Paulo, renamed Defiant when command was transferred to Sisko.
Negative sir, First Contact (not Generations) takes place in late 2373, about a month before the Second Battle of DS9 and the beginning of the Dominion War. Probably explains why the Defiant had to turn and run with Sisko aboard.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Season 7 episode 20, the Breen absolutely dismantle the Defiant, it wasn't even close in that battle; the Defiant flies point and catches the first shots fired leaving it a sitting duck.
God damned Breen with their energy draining cheat codes.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Fair enough, I stand corrected. My memory is obviously shockingly poor >.<

Its destruction in DS9 was done well though, the Breen needed to be established as tough motherfuckers for them to be taken seriously and mission accomplished. Presumably they were drawn into the fight via the same sort of shenanigans as how the Klingons were made to attack the federation, wasn't there a Breen on the prison station along with Worf, Bashir and Martok?

Aww fuck it, time to schedule a Netflix rewatch of seasons 4 through 7!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fair enough, I stand corrected. My memory is obviously shockingly poor >.<

It's destruction in DS9 was done well though, the Breen needed to be established as tough motherfuckers for them to be taken seriously and mission accomplished. Presumably they were drawn into the fight via the same sort of shenanigans as how the Klingons were made to attack the federation, wasn't there a Breen on the prison station along with Worf, Bashir and Martok?

Aww fuck it, time to schedule a Netflix rewatch of seasons 4 through 7!
Yes, got disintegrated during the initial fight in the cell.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Its destruction in DS9 was done well though, the Breen needed to be established as tough motherfuckers for them to be taken seriously
The plot device was bigger than that, Only the Klingon ships could withstand the weapon's shots, when chancellor Gawron brought his petty shit to DS9 and the battles front he started wasting ships and ruining any chance to actually win the war just to humiliate Martok. Sisko needed those ships holding the line so he basically put the idea into Worf's head that Gawron must die, he didn't say that but by this point in the show he knows how Klingon politics works.