Star Trek: Discovery

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Voyager - shit. All of a sudden, without warning, they accomplished that which they had been trying to the whole show. No warning. crap.
This is also the plot arc of every episode of Voyager. 2 minutes before the end... OH SHIT, WE HIT THE PLOT BUTTON AND NOW EVERYTHING IS FIXED.

Enterprise ending was just complete shit.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Saw this on space.com today.
This is a fan made series and below is the pilot.

Has Robert Picardo, Tim Russ, Walter Koenig

The Story:

When a seemingly unstoppable new enemy threatens the very existence of the Earth, Admiral Pavel Chekov (Walter Koenig) is forced to work outside the boundaries of Starfleet's rules to combat this deadly new foe.

When planet after planet winks out of existence, yet Starfleet refuses to act, Chekov turns to Commander Tuvok (Tim Russ, who also directs), the new head of Starfleet's covert operations division, Section 31. Together, they assemble a new elite strike-force, consisting of rogues, outcasts and criminals, led by the fearless yet haunted Lexxa Singh (Adrienne Wilkinson).

The Renegades' mission is simple: take on an army and stop their leader, Borrada (Bruce Young), from destroying the Earth. Outnumbered and outgunned, the ragtag crew is in an adrenaline-pumping race against time and space. But they soon find their foes are the least of their concerns: the real trouble may be coming from within!

Star Trek: Renegades stars Walter Koenig (reprising his role as Admiral Chekov), Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo, Corin Nemec, Bruce Young, Tim Russ, Chasty Ballesteros, Edward Furlong, Courtney Peldon, Larissa Gomes, Richard Herd and Herbert Jefferson Jr., and introducing Crystal Conway.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I was really surprised by the cast they got. Lots of big names from the star trek world, yet it still feels very b-grade and there's no doubt it's fan made. A lot of the acting is just that little bit off, mostly by the non named people but even some of them are guilty of just delivery their lines rather than acting.

I'd still say it's worth watching since there's been such a lack of good Star Trek for way too many years (the reboot movies are good for what they are, but don't really fill the hole imo).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Only 6 minutes in and it feels like the SciFi Dune level of effects and cinematography. And Grant from Mythbusters is at the beginning.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is surprisingly good given what it is. And yeah, they got a really decent set of actors. Very impressed.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Description made it sound like it had potential, but I couldn't get past "cloaking device is fried man!" at 10:30m-ish :/ Why waste so much money getting decent Trek actors then throwing atrocious amateurs next to them?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It gets better, but the whole thing is peppered with those kinds of lines. Honestly, I think it adds a bit of a reminder that this wasn't a professional project. If you're expecting another Paramount movie, yeah, you won't get far.

With the drivel we get out of Hollywood these days, I found it relatively easy to sit through, heh.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The acting was a little difficult to work through for me. The effects were ok but it had a very Hercules/Xena feel without a lot of the humor. Surprisingly the actor who played the captain of the starfleet ship was the worst of the actors. You would think he would have been better but then again he was just as bad in Stargate. I like Star Trek, but this would be about a 4/10 for me.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Agreed, Corin Nemec was bad in Stargate. I wasn't expecting much of anything, and look, I got what I was expecting.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The music playing pretty much non stop drove me away. I kept thinking where is the audio setting so I can turn it off (like in a game). Other than that, not a bad fan film.

Siliconemelons

Did Tuvok get demoted before Voy? or are they explaining him as always some kinda black ops dude and has no "real" rank- bc aint he a lt com in voy and that's below a com that he is here?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is supposed to be 10 years after Voyager returned. So he got promoted, apparently. No idea how canon this whole thing is, though.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Ahh... umm... shouldn't Chekov be dead? or like... really...really older than he looked.
When he was talking to his great grand daughter and her roommate he said he was 140 something. Which is correct for the year the series is set in. No one knows how a 140 something year old would look with the level of regeneration and medical advancements they have in Star Trek. So I took his appearance as a guestimate at best.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
I tried to watch this. I really did. But the acting was so damn bad I couldn't give it more than a few minutes. I even tried skipping ahead a bit to try to get to some better part and didn't find one. Aside from this being Star Trek (which I love), what is good about it?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The acting was a little difficult to work through for me. The effects were ok but it had a very Hercules/Xena feel without a lot of the humor. Surprisingly the actor who played the captain of the starfleet ship was the worst of the actors. You would think he would have been better but then again he was just as bad in Stargate. I like Star Trek, but this would be about a 4/10 for me.
Hercules and Xena were awesome, I loved those shows and movies.