Star Trek - Into Darkness

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just found out that Benedict Cumberbatch is also doing the voice for The Necromancer in The Hobbit as well. Fuck to the yeah.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Disappointed, but only because the first Abrams Star Trek had the best trailer on the face of the planet.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Kind of hard to tell just for that minute of footage. Is there even any space battles?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So does anyone know who the actual "Bad Guy" is or just some random?
There are two hints in the Japanese trailer that point to Khan, the line "Is there anything you would not do for your family?" and a scene that shows Kirk and Spock holding up hands to each other through glass reproducing the classic scene from Wrath of Khan.

However there have also been hints that the villain was once a member of Star Fleet and a friend of Kirk's, which hints atGary Mitchell.

Cybsled

Did you guys see the Japanese trailer? It's pretty much the same as the American one, except at the end it shows a scene which appears to be straight out of the original Star Trek 2 ;o They better not kill off Spock, those bastards.

edit: lol beat me to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHlQUXFzfw

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Did you guys see the Japanese trailer? It's pretty much the same as the American one, except at the end it shows a scene which appears to be straight out of the original Star Trek 2 ;o They better not kill off Spock, those bastards.

edit: lol beat me to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHlQUXFzfw
I wouldn't put it past Abrams to put that scene in the trailer as a misdirection, but we will see. If the bad guy is Khan, Darkness will be inevitably be compared to Wrath and it will be a tall order to match Wrath.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's not Khan. You people are nuts if you were a fan of TOS and think it's even possible it's Khan. It's clearly Mitchell.

5 bucks says Khan's voice will be in the credits or something.

PS

Alice Eve is playing Elizabeth Dehner

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok I love ST and all but I don't know all the facts. What enterprise were they on in the orginal with kirk?
Seems kinda early to be crashing em off and all unless it was at least 2-3 in.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Ok I love ST and all but I don't know all the facts. What enterprise were they on in the orginal with kirk?
Seems kinda early to be crashing em off and all unless it was at least 2-3 in.
Dude, I swear they have destroyed an Enterprise every other ST movie, so them destroying it in this one doesn't surprise me.

nuday

Golden Squire
I don't think they do destroy it. It crashes in a big way, yeah, but there's also that little scene with a ship rising back up out of water. At least I think it was water.

Star Derp: Into the Derpness

If it's supposed to be into the Darkness, why is there so much Lens Flare!!

Quote from JJ Abrams

"I wanted a visual system that felt unique. I know there are certain shots where even I watch and think, "Oh that's ridiculous, that was too many."

He goes on to admit Lens Flare is overdone in this article but adds, and I'm paraphrasing, "Suck it bitches, I loves me some Lens Flare"

http://io9.com/5230278/jj-abrams-adm...are-ridiculous